Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.806  (Read 5401 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.806
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 05:06:48 pm »
I'm not sure about the barracks thing, and I can't duplicate the other stuff.  A barracks at 0hp should have a white flag and thus produce nothing.  Is that not what you're seeing?  Way to repro?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline SRombauts

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »
I did see a white barrack producing a unit!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »
I'm not sure about the barracks thing, and I can't duplicate the other stuff.  A barracks at 0hp should have a white flag and thus produce nothing.  Is that not what you're seeing?  Way to repro?
From Orzelek's save on mantis... I've identified 3 buildings at 0 HP without white flags (2 barracks and an archery).  The Elhrimnir isn't counting down turns either  ???

Edit: Browser issues..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:28:31 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
Ugh, to be the bearer :(

Ran into a fatal error reproducing the Elhrimnir bug.  I did get an Elhrimnir that wouldn't count down.  Faltal error on mantis with logs and save.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 06:01:36 pm »

I provided save for both issues on mantis. As Cinth noted both of them seem to reproduce in that saves without problems.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »

I provided save for both issues on mantis. As Cinth noted both of them seem to reproduce in that saves without problems.

What he means by reproducing is how they got to that state to begin with.  What happened to bring about this issue.  The more detailed you can be in how it happened, the easier it is to track down.    :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »
Ugh, to be the bearer :(

Ran into a fatal error reproducing the Elhrimnir bug.  I did get an Elhrimnir that wouldn't count down.  Faltal error on mantis with logs and save.

Here i am quoting myself again  ::)

I reproduced the error and have updated the Mantis.  It has the added bonus of having an Eldhrimnir and Palladium that won't count down each turn :) 

1 save, 2 bir... 1 rock, 2 bu...

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »
That Eldhirimnir got me to stop playing for now. Thats a situation that can't be balanced in any way  8)

PS
Why item names need to be so.. hard to remember and write into post? ;)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »
Text document with names c/p from the patch notes makes a handy tool :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
Any thought to removing this "genocide" verbiage?
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

Not sure what you mean.  Not planning to get rid of the word, if that's what you mean.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »

Buh, I'm baffled that it's not showing up for you, the tokens-not-counting-down bug.

It's happening for me *most* of the time with them.   I dont think I've yet placed that type of thing and had it NOT do that.   I'll have a 5-turn thing end up taking like 15-20 turns to finally vanish, though sometimes they might break down in 8 or 9.

As best I can tell there isnt anything specific that I'm doing differently here that's setting them off......

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »

Not sure what you mean.  Not planning to get rid of the word, if that's what you mean.

You should consider it. It's really not appropriate.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »

Buh, I'm baffled that it's not showing up for you, the tokens-not-counting-down bug.

It's happening for me *most* of the time with them.   I dont think I've yet placed that type of thing and had it NOT do that.   I'll have a 5-turn thing end up taking like 15-20 turns to finally vanish, though sometimes they might break down in 8 or 9.

As best I can tell there isnt anything specific that I'm doing differently here that's setting them off......
I posted a reproducible save on mantis so hopefully they can figure it out :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 08:22:58 pm »
@Mick: The word "genocide" isn't appropriate?  I've never encountered anyone who expressed feeling that it was a bad word, in the sense of a swear word.  It's not a slur, and lots of fiction uses the term.  The concept is a bad thing, for sure.  But it's in the same league as "kill" or "murder" or "headshot" in my experience.  Maybe it's a cultural thing, but it's also simply what that is called.  Also, in terms of appropriateness, it's not like it's saying "go cause a genocide."  Rather, it's saying "STOP a genocide."  I just don't understand how that is inappropriate in any fashion.

@Cinth: Finally managed to fix that bug with the tokens sticking around!

@Misery: The reason it was a sometimes-thing was that it has a specific state that it needs to be in, mostly that requires a longer play session.  I'd not had many of those today. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk