Author Topic: Skyward Collapse 1.503 Beta "Unstoppable Demon-Hag" Released!  (Read 5317 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.503 Beta "Unstoppable Demon-Hag" Released!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:25 am »
Not much in terms of high granularity feedback yet, but one thing occurred to me: At first glance it feels like the Japanese faction does not really
have any weakness whatsoever.

In the two games I started since the faction got activated (one vs. Norse, one vs. Greek) I always had more trouble to keep the other faction alive than vice versa. This might be related to my playstyle, though (I tend to go for barracks units first  and those are fairly powerful both in terms of defense bonuses and overall stats as far as the Japanese are concerned). And I did not even get around to use many Japanese tokens, let alone God tokens/units.

I think that the weakness of the Japanese is best expressed as "it's hard to push back against the other side without pushing too hard."  Which is to say, yeah, they are stronger in most respects, but they don't have the tools to deal with midlevel/light threats without going overboard.  This means that you're either hurting the other faction way too much, or you're having trouble fending off enemies because you don't want to hurt the other faction too much.  I thought that having to deal with your own power in a game like this was pretty interesting.

That's more or less what I experienced, but I missed to recognize it :). Definitely a unique and fun theme for a faction.

The only thing that stood out for me on that front was Otoroshi. This one is so insanely cheap in terms of cost and cooldown that I was always tempted to place one whenever I had an action to spare just to generate some easy points. Not sure whether preventing it from targeting buildings is nerf enough to reign them in...

Ooh, thanks -- I just increased their cost 10x and gave them a big damage penalty against buildings.

Didn't you just prevent it from targeting buildings altogether in 1.600 ;)? The change sounds good overall, though!

Awesome!  And a lot more hamlet and culture stuff is coming hopefully today. :)
Hooray for hamlets :D!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 11:13:42 am »
Good stuff!  Not sure on Otoroshi in the last version, but either way the duplicate things won't hurt anything. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 11:52:18 am »
Here you go ;D:

From the 1.600 patch notes:
Otoroshi is no longer able to damage buildings.
Thanks to Misery for suggesting.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:40 am »
Got it, thanks. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk