Author Topic: Skyward Collapse 1.013 "Godly Gods" Released!  (Read 4603 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse 1.013 "Godly Gods" Released!
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:39:15 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/06/skyward-collapse-1013-godly-gods.html

This one fixes the resource drops not working in the last couple of versions.  Even more substantially, it majorly increases both the health and the attack power of gods.  Those guys aren't such pushovers anymore!

There's lots more in the hopper in terms of free updates, and we're still steadily working away on the first expansion (Nihon no Mura) as well.  But it's been a busy couple of days on a lot of fronts, and I haven't quite had time to do enough to actually push anything but this into the codebase yet.

More to come soon, though.  Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.013 "Godly Gods" Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:28 pm »
Looks interesting but i don't seem to be able to download it.  :(

I checked my connection to the internet and it looks ok, so i am not quite sure what is the matter.

-Teal

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:46:41 pm »
Looks interesting but i don't seem to be able to download it.  :(

I checked my connection to the internet and it looks ok, so i am not quite sure what is the matter.

-Teal

Sorry about that, it's now fixed!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline melkathi

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:12:33 pm »
Did a first test. The super units with adamantine etc still kill Greater gods in one turn. The outcome isn't always exactly the same. Sometimes the god manages to deal more damage than others. If the god is already wounded, then the super unit can come out nearly unscathed.
Made a 14 sec youtube video of the fight were Poseidon managed to deal the most damage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r960KvBYkQg

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »
Adamantine and so forth are pretty tricky. I guess the question is if e want gods to only be taken down by super units. I could increase it by another 10x or even more on their health. But some combination of super unit bonuses can probably still reach even that.

Offline melkathi

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:27:50 pm »
I'm going to try to see how a god will fare against normal units. So far it seems that lvl 1 humans (with a number of upgrades but no adamantine) simply die without dealing damage. Lvl 2 humans and myth units deal damage then die. A frost giant dealt 4k damage before dying.

So the God stats may be fine now and adamantine is just the thing that people have to accept will turn the game into something that will never again achieve balance :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 10:52:12 pm »
Hmm, I would think the level 1 humans would deal damage. However it is probably slight enough that it just gets auto healed away the very next turn.

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:50 am »
Perhaps just amplify the effect of adamantine when it's used to kill a God and thus make it hard to get rid of the unit?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 03:17:31 am »
Hmm, I would think the level 1 humans would deal damage. However it is probably slight enough that it just gets auto healed away the very next turn.

Maybe lower the auto-heal?

If they've got silly amounts of health, even with terrible auto-heal they're still going to take quite the concentrated effort for non super powered units to defeat.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 03:40:58 am »
Er.... is this supposed to happen?

The Greek have it as well.

Pretty sure that's not supposed to be there...

Offline melkathi

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 05:19:39 am »
Just checked - you are right. The same happens in my game. I was so busy trying to kill off my gods, I hadn't even noticed :) Must be a glitch from the dark elf fix in the patch.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 08:21:24 am »
Ok, and one quick question:

I just had "Free Upgrade!" happen very randomly with one of my units (a new unit that just appeared and hadnt done anything yet).

....what in the world causes this?  I cant remember ever seeing it before.

Offline melkathi

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 08:34:20 am »
It's been happening since the previous patch at least.
Noticed quite a few messages like that pop up. One was for a unit standing next to a god, so at first it looked as if the god had gotten a free upgrade ;)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 03:21:04 pm »
Free upgrades aren't new, I'm surprised you haven't seen that before.  Whenever units are near a Centaur, that will happen.

As for the dark elves... yeah that's a bug!

Offline vehementi

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »
Hah, I thought the dark elves were there intentionally as a way to screw with a particular faction.  I guess that would be too easy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk