Author Topic: Skyward Collapse 1.008-1.009 "Massive Bigness" Released!  (Read 5498 times)

Offline x4000

  • Chris Park, Arcen Games Founder and Lead Designer
  • Administrator
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
  • *****
  • Posts: 31,225
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.008-1.009 "Massive Bigness" Released!
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »
I'm just going with the full points for yellow deaths and building deaths:

* The deaths of bandit units and buildings now contribute to your score, where previously they did not.
** This is done for a number of reasons, mainly to avoid confusion and an arbitrary-seeming rule.  This also avoids encouraging a particularly defensive playing style above all others.
** Older savegames have been updated to include score for prior yellow deaths at the current going rate of whatever your current age is.  So in other words, you get off easy with extra points in the ages of monsters and gods compared to the age of man.  This is going to make the bandit deaths look way more valuable than the red and blue ones in that savegame, but that's just due to the upgrade and is not a bug.

* The score gates have been increased by 15% across all of the ages, to account for the roughly 15% extra score (on average, but it will vary heavily) you are likely to get from the fact that bandit units and buildings are now granting you points on their deaths.
** Existing savegames have had their scored points increased by 15%, to prevent situations where you automatically lose when opening an old savegame in the new version, etc.


These only account for around 15% of the total points in most games, whereas red and blue are dividing up the other 85% in some fashion depending on how well each is doing.  Why?  Because yellow has no tokens to use for points AND very very few buildings to kill for points.  15% is actually probably generously high in most cases unless you are playing Murdoch's Wood.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

  • Hero Member Mark II
  • *****
  • Posts: 911
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.008-1.009 "Massive Bigness" Released!
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »
\o/

Offline nas1m

  • Master Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,254
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

  • Master Member Mark II
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,723
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.008-1.009 "Massive Bigness" Released!
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
That sounds pretty good to me.

Offline Teal_Blue

  • Hero Member Mark II
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: Skyward Collapse 1.008-1.009 "Massive Bigness" Released!
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
me too, sounds pretty good to me too.