Author Topic: Skyward Collapse 1.007 "Stats Fit For A God" Released!  (Read 3833 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse 1.007 "Stats Fit For A God" Released!
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/05/skyward-collapse-1007-stats-fit-for-god.html

This one has a wide variety of stuff in it.  Most exciting for most players are likely going to be the new counts and stats on both the left and right sidebars.  Without getting too cluttered, you now have a much better view of what is going on in your dominions.

There are also several multiplayer improvements: two to the interface to better let you tell what other players are doing (if they are waiting on you, etc); and one to self-correct from any desyncs that might happen in a turn (yay safety code).

There was also a bug with the Midgard Serpent, Labyrinth, and Yggdrasil that was causing units to act crazily: hopping over gaps, causing exceptions, walking onto other units, etc.  Fixing this one bug also fixes a likely cause of desyncs in multiplayer, aside from it being wonky in solo play.

Beyond that, there are a few other tweaks and improvements.  More to come soon.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Logorouge

Re: Skyward Collapse 1.007 "Stats Fit For A God" Released!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »
There was also a bug with the Midgard Serpent, Labyrinth, and Yggdrasil that was causing units to act crazily: hopping over gaps, causing exceptions, walking onto other units, etc.

Thank you for fixing that one. Used all of those tokens in my last game and things were getting pretty weird.
Didn't manage to make my guys attack the gods with the military commandment in 1.006 though. I think I might be doing it wrong, somehow.

Offline Enzyme

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:41:20 pm »
Is there any chance to get a Ping option in multiplayer? It's often hard to describe to co-players where you think things should go, or what units you are talking about. A ping effect would be useful. Or something like that, like being able to see a silhouette of their mouse cursor, or something like that. Even better would be something like, being able to place tokens or something, highlighting squares with a color or something to show groups of squares you are talking about as part of your strategy. I found when playing even with one friend we would spend many minutes per turn discussing our strategy and it was hard to convey them as things got more and more complex.

In summary my suggestion is:
- Some sort of ping to indicate in multiplayer a square you refer to.
- In conjunction, or perhaps instead of, have some sort of square/unit marker system for more complex strategy discussions.

Very happy to see this patch and the UI improvements. Anything that makes data easier to convert into strategy means more time playing the game and less time trying to decipher on screen text and menus :)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 12:02:26 am »
This one has a wide variety of stuff in it.  Most exciting for most players are likely going to be the new counts and stats on both the left and right sidebars.  Without getting too cluttered, you now have a much better view of what is going on in your dominions.

And the build menu is in order! I love you so much right now.

EDIT: I lied, the Potter and Jeweler are backwards. But still, WAY better.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:05:07 am by Echo35 »

Offline FooBarTheLittle

• Newbie Mark II
  • while ( !asleep ) sheep++;
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:24:23 am »
The sword, pike, warhammer, and battle axe finished goods have all just been condensed down into a single "melee weapon" finished good.
I updated http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Unit_resource_dependencies accordingly.

As you can see on the wiki-page, the Norse Barracks Units now have a very "flat" dependency list. Additionally Huscarl will now always be spawned as Marauder (always have been).

Overall I think I like the simplification.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:59 am »
Gotta say, excellent additions to the UI.

Actually makes quite a difference!

The Midgard fixes are good too, that had always been rather obnoxious.

EDIT:  Oh yeah.  Quite a difference indeed.  Probably the best thing you've done with the UI yet.   No longer do I find myself going into the myth menu JUST to see how much jewelery I have, which I previously had to do over and over and over and over and over again since I'm always spending it on something or other.    And showing how many of each thing are already there is great too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:39:27 am by Misery »

Offline Breach

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 01:06:03 pm »
Fantastic update, really provides a good amount of information where and when you need it.

I have a small query however: the tooltip for my finished goods of venison, water flask and ale says:
"On-demand: 1 water flask from " with no other information. I don't have the buildings that make those unlocked due to my low profile level so I obviously don't have them built either, so I'm not sure what the cause of that might be. I'm assuming at this point that it is an issue, it may not be but I don't think it looks that nice, and there's no point in otherwise witholding the information.

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 06:57:11 pm »
There was also a bug with the Midgard Serpent, Labyrinth, and Yggdrasil that was causing units to act crazily: hopping over gaps, causing exceptions, walking onto other units, etc.

Should have left that in and changed it to "Wine of Dionysus"  ;)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 04:43:35 am »
The various building counts are a great improvement :). Thanks!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Winge

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:47 am »
Yeah, I definitely like the UI changes.  It's clean, clear, and unobtrusive...just what I need from a UI.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:15 am »
It's been... like... what? 3 days since the last update... we must be working hard on that expansion!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:40:55 am »
IMPORTANT: You can now read the latest thinking on our Current Design Document, which we'll keep consistently up to date with the latest designs resulting from this discussion.  A lot of things may be in that design document that are not reflected directly in this thread.

Okay, sorry for the giant font, but I didn't want people scanning through this thread to miss it. :)

Looks like it ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:27 am »
It's been... like... what? 3 days since the last update... we must be working hard on that expansion!

I actually went through withdrawal symptoms when I didn't see an update today :P
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »
Sorry about that folks!  And by no means is it all about the new expansion.  There's been a lot of work on that as well, but there's been even more work on the design for the free 2.0 version updates which will be coming right alongside the expansion.  Both of these things kind of go hand in hand, so before I could do more on the expansion I had to sort a few things out on this:

Skyward 2.0 Base Game Extensions Design Document.

:)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:33 pm »
Okay, I think I got all the requests from this thread.  By the by, please use mantis for those rather than putting them in threads, so that I don't lose track of them!  Cheers. :)

And with that, here's a giant new version!  http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13356.0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk