Author Topic: Nick Trujillo Presents: Skyward Collapse Comic Page 1  (Read 1819 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Nick Trujillo Presents: Skyward Collapse Comic Page 1
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:46:29 am »
Original: http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2013/05/nick-trujillo-presents-skyward-collapse.html

I became aware of Nick Trujillo through the Strip Search reality show that Penny Arcade has been running.  Nick was my personal favorite to win, so I was surprised to see him eliminated when he was.  Bad days happen to everyone, though.

I have a huge love of comics in general, and so had been looking at the art that all the SS cartoonists had been doing on their websites.  Hugely awesome stuff across the board.  But when Nick was eliminated, I knew immediately I wanted to reach out and do a sort of PA Presents style of comic to help explain our newest game in a humorous fashion.  It's always a challenge to get our message across clearly and concisely, but I also felt like Nick could create a work that would funny and interesting on its own merits.

So here we are!  This is the first of five pages, which will be released periodically leading up to the release of Skyward Collapse later this month.  Enjoy!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline iozay

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Nick Trujillo Presents: Skyward Collapse Comic Page 1
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 10:52:43 am »
I like the sense of humour in there :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:58:40 am »
As much as I love comics, I rarely laugh out loud at them -- it's not remotely needed for my enjoyment.  But "Sup" made me laugh hard. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:05:28 am by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:01:03 am »
Nice one! It had me smile hard as well :D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:40 am »
That second panel in particular gave me a good laugh.   Particularly the character on the far right;  that's pretty much been my reaction when playing, when I'm watching the AI do something not-so-bright, which is of course quite frequent and often hilarious.

This artist is good, and this is pretty funny.   A good idea for promoting the game. 

I wouldnt mind seeing more of these later on, too, like if you do expansions or something (or even just for the heck of it) or in relation to other, future projects. 

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:10 am »
I hope to have Nick do more of these on future projects if he has availability, too. :)

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:35 am »
This is really good!  :o  I'd love to see a series for AI War for the new expansion.  Or for anything else, for that matter.

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
  • WARNING: May Contain Objectionable Opinions
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:29:36 am »
HERESY!!!!!

GREEKS ARE BLUE, NORSE ARE RED!!!!!!!
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Or is that "to kill"?  Hmm.

Offline PokerChen