Author Topic: x-4000's (Chris's) Schedule 8/19 through 9/3  (Read 2383 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
x-4000's (Chris's) Schedule 8/19 through 9/3
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:16 am »
Just as an FYI, I am going to be very in-and-out at the moment because we have three major things that I'm getting pulled between:

1. A something-secret that requires me to do some middling-intensity activities for the next couple of weeks.
2. Prepping for the Nihon release on hopefully Wednesday (no confirmation from Valve yet, so we'll see).
3. Getting Bionic Dues ready for demoing at PAX Prime, which is a big challenge because we want it to show really well.

And by extension, hopefully the private alpha of Bionic can start shortly after PAX, so there's getting ready for that as well.  Anyway, so the point being is that I'm torn in a lot of ways for the next week and a half in particular, so I'm going to be mostly reading and then responding in changelog form, rather than actually responding to each individual point like usual.  Sorry about that!

Thanks for understanding!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: x-4000's (Chris's) Schedule 8/19 through 9/3
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:08:07 am »
Just as an FYI, I am going to be very in-and-out at the moment because we have three major things that I'm getting pulled between:

1. A something-secret that requires me to do some middling-intensity activities for the next couple of weeks.
2. Prepping for the Nihon release on hopefully Wednesday (no confirmation from Valve yet, so we'll see).
3. Getting Bionic Dues ready for demoing at PAX Prime, which is a big challenge because we want it to show really well.

And by extension, hopefully the private alpha of Bionic can start shortly after PAX, so there's getting ready for that as well.  Anyway, so the point being is that I'm torn in a lot of ways for the next week and a half in particular, so I'm going to be mostly reading and then responding in changelog form, rather than actually responding to each individual point like usual.  Sorry about that!

Thanks for understanding!
You're welcome ;).
Really looking forward to all three items mentioned!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:55 am »
It's all fine to me.  Hopefully, that'll all work out for you.

I dunno that I'm gonna be of much more use here as the feedback goes; my damn pain has really abruptly returned, and at the moment I can barely use the keyboard.  Cant put out a longer or even mid length detailed post at the moment.  Bah, I'm way too young for this stupidity, really, but there it is.  Again.

But if therapy goes well today I'll be able to get back to it without too much trouble, just a bit more subdued than before.

Anyway, I think if you do the reworking of the god units and all, this whole thing should be in a pretty good place for release.   Woulda been easier if we'd had more testers here, but I assume that the whole end of summer & back to school craziness has everyone very busy indeed.  This time of year, yeesh.  Nothing but trouble, I swear.

Hopefully more will be available for Bionic Dues.  That one, I'm looking forward to. 

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:26 am »
Yikes, very sorry to hear about your pain -- I know that's been troubling you a lot off and on for a long time (off and on in terms of severity, anyway).  Thanks again for all your help, and definitely don't hurt yourself with it!  I think we'll have a goodly number of people for Bionic, judging by the response so far; usually new games get more inherent interest than expansions when it comes to beta testing anyhow.  For us, expansions are partly a way to drive new player adoption of the base game the expansion is for, so it's okay that the beta interest is lower; we wind up with lots of people with it in the end, anyway.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:26 am »
It's all fine to me.  Hopefully, that'll all work out for you.

I dunno that I'm gonna be of much more use here as the feedback goes; my damn pain has really abruptly returned, and at the moment I can barely use the keyboard.  Cant put out a longer or even mid length detailed post at the moment.  Bah, I'm way too young for this stupidity, really, but there it is.  Again.

But if therapy goes well today I'll be able to get back to it without too much trouble, just a bit more subdued than before.

Anyway, I think if you do the reworking of the god units and all, this whole thing should be in a pretty good place for release.   Woulda been easier if we'd had more testers here, but I assume that the whole end of summer & back to school craziness has everyone very busy indeed.  This time of year, yeesh.  Nothing but trouble, I swear.

Hopefully more will be available for Bionic Dues.  That one, I'm looking forward to.
Sad to hear this. A hearty 'get well soon!' from me as well!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk