Author Topic: Favoritism  (Read 10909 times)

Offline barcasmith

Favoritism
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:59:59 am »
Ok, I know the point of being a "god" is to be impartial, and try to make it so both civilizations don't kill of each other.  But I still feel myself favoring one or the other.  Maybe it's because the greeks are currently more powerful than the norse and are beating up on them (yes, I realize I empowered them to do this), but I still feel myself pulling for the underdog.

Anyone else find that while playing, even though the point is "balance" that they begin to pull for the "losing" team? 

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Favoritism
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:02 am »
I often find myself tending to favor the Norse as well. Must be a beard thing ;)...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Favoritism
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:49:23 pm »
Ok, I know the point of being a "god" is to be impartial, and try to make it so both civilizations don't kill of each other.  But I still feel myself favoring one or the other.  Maybe it's because the greeks are currently more powerful than the norse and are beating up on them (yes, I realize I empowered them to do this), but I still feel myself pulling for the underdog.

Anyone else find that while playing, even though the point is "balance" that they begin to pull for the "losing" team?

I booted it up yesterday and sure enough I kept playing way too long into the night. :)

In answer to your question yes, I spend an enormous amount of time making both side balanced then one thing slips through and I end up thinking the other side are a complete bunch of meanies and go on to favour supporting the underdog. When I end up smiting these evil doers, to an enormous amount of satisfaction I might add, I remember that I caused the problem in the first place! :P

Love this game from making me argue with myself about why I was so underhanded in giving the other side too much power. :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:51:12 pm by Sounds »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk