Author Topic: Expansion 1: Nihon no Mura - The list of implemented-features-so-far  (Read 12676 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Hello!  At the moment, Skyward Collapse: Nihon no Mura is still in beta.  This means that not only is it incomplete, but bugs are pretty well inevitable for a few weeks.

Some of the new units have been tested practically not at all, simply because we wanted to get this beta out and into your hands as soon as we possibly could; we'll be working on implementing the last of the features over the next week or so, adding polish and bugfixes where need be as we go.  Then after that it's further polish and further balancing, with a release 3 or 4 weeks from now.

This expansion has been inwork for a couple of months now, but pulling everything together into an implementation that you could play has slipped by a few weeks beyond what we had expected.  That's life, but that's also made it so that with our initial batch of testing the 1.5 version we had to rush things a tad. We'll fix things very quickly as you find them, weekends aside.  But on a personal note I hope you don't preorder this unless you want to be part of that process or at least don't mind our working detritus for the next week or so.

All features and their status as pf 1.900:

Military outpost building: implemented and well tested.
Blight and bamboo forest land tiles: implemented and well tested.
Three new map types: implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction Human Units: 12/12 implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction Standalone Mythological Creatures: 5/5 implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction Special Mythological Creatures: 2/2 implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction Mythological Tokens: 8/8 implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction Gods: 8/8 implemented and well tested.
Japanese Faction God Creatures: 24/24 implemented and well tested.
New Bandit-Only Mythological Creatures: 6/6 implemented and well tested.
Hamlet buildings/functionality: 11/11 implemented and well tested, although balance is likely to continue evolving.
Culture Resource: implemented and tested.
Luminith Tower and Luminith Arks: implemented and well tested.
Hamlet Idyll game mode: 6/6 implemented and well tested.
Large towns: 6/6 implemented and well tested.
Three other culture abilities: 6/6 implemented and well tested.
New woes: 9/9 implemented and tested.
Music: Completed at 34 minutes, but not available until full release.

Watch this space -- as new features are implemented and tested, I'll update this page so that it remains accurate.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:25:43 am by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BisonMD

Re: Expansion 1: Nihon no Mura - The list of implemented-features-so-far
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »
Just curious, I own Skyward Collapse on steam, how would purchasing the expansion interact with it? Would I be able to use the expansion with my steam install, or should I wait until such a time as the game in released on steam? Will steam keys be given out to people who purchase the expansion from your website?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:48:39 pm »
Color me confused.  I'd love to pre-order the expansion but will that work with my Steam version of the game?
The installer asks you for your Skyward Collapse install directory.
Select the Steam one and you are fine (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyward Collapse).

Works like a charm. I just did it ;D.
To quote myself for once ;)...

And another one from Chris:
Sorry about the confusion there!  But yes, nas1m is exactly right.  And I will also add that we'll provide Steam keys later for anyone who preorders, if they want one (same deal as usual with just emailing us if you want one, after it's out on Steam).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:51:59 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:49 am »
Will steam keys be given out to people who purchase the expansion from your website?

And to that one: yep! :D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:43:48 pm »
Will steam keys be given out to people who purchase the expansion from your website?

And to that one: yep! :D

It's amazing how steam has gone from being Counterstrike bloatware to being the most ubiquitous request from hesitant consumers: "Can I digitally install and keep my software using steam?"

Picture a world where steam goes bankrupt. I know we are probably a few billion dollars from seeing that, but follow for a moment… Can you imagine the epic shi*storm if people could no longer download their games? Oh yes, there would be pitchforks, Anonymous would probably get involved, and this and every other forum would fall into a digital consumer chaos the likes of which we have never seen. Remember that SimCity hullabaloo? Peanuts comparatively. And lesson learned for other developers, steam is an expectation these days. Not being on steam means you better be selling minecraft or something.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:27 pm »
And yet, there are a lot of people who claim they will boycott "all games on Steam". Yeah, good luck.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »
Lots of updates in 1.503 change a lot of these to green!

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 01:47:06 am »
Ok you sold me.

I was hoping to hang out until it was official released, but what you've currently listed pushed me over into the camp of 'a can't wait no longer'. :)

Chris you're evil. :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:50 am »
I try. ;D

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 08:34:17 am »
I'm curious about something:  Whatever happened to that idea about the bandit "supervillains" and the opposing "heroes" and their associated bases?  Did you guys end up scrapping that?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:59 am »
I'm curious about something:  Whatever happened to that idea about the bandit "supervillains" and the opposing "heroes" and their associated bases?  Did you guys end up scrapping that?
As far as I remember the respective doc said it was pushed back to expansion 2 due to being too big a bite for expansion 1...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 09:18:38 am »
As far as I remember the respective doc said it was pushed back to expansion 2 due to being too big a bite for expansion 1...

Pretty close -- it was never planned for expansion 1, but we did move that feature to expansion 2.  That feature had been planned as part of the "free DLC" updates for version 2.0 of the base game.  However, the 2.0 updates wound up going in a really different (IMO much better) direction, and so there wasn't really time for the villains thing.

Part of the problem with the villains was that they would be pretty complicated to just have be a part of the core experience.  So having those be something that is part of an expansion instead, and that we can also thus spend a lot more time on designing and prototyping and so forth, made the most sense.  That way it's more fleshed-out than our original design, as well as being something optional in the sense that hamlets are optional.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »
Lots more updates for 1.600! :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 04:55:59 pm »
Almost everything in there now, for 1.800!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26:00 am »
List completed as of 1.900!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk