Author Topic: Did anybody encounter the new music in-game yet?  (Read 12917 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Did anybody encounter the new music in-game yet?
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »
Fellow forumites!

I played for some hours now using the final build of Nihon no mura and I am fairly sure that I did not hear any of the new music in-game so far.

I checked the installation folder and the new music is there and intact if played with a stand-alone player. It just did not pop up in-game yet.

Do any of you see a similar issue? It would not be the first time new music got skipped in Skyward after all ;).

Cheers!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Breach

Re: Did anybody encounter the new music in-game yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »
Someone posted something similar in the official patch thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238890/discussions/0/846963081240185281/

Not had the chance to play myself but might be worth investigating at some point. Can't let that music go to waste!

Offline Ravinius

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:11:07 am »
For me it seems that new soundtrack doesn't install. New tracks supposedly should be in the expansion folder but I only have image files there. My installer for nihon no mura is only around 8.3 mg so I'm not sure if they are in the installer.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:19:42 am »
For me it seems that new soundtrack doesn't install. New tracks supposedly should be in the expansion folder but I only have image files there. My installer for nihon no mura is only around 8.3 mg so I'm not sure if they are in the installer.

Did you buy the expansion when it was still in beta? This is normal if you did, and you should have recieved a later e-mail with instructions. If you did buy it from us in beta, please send me an email at arcengames at gmail DOT com and I'll get you straightened out.

Offline Ravinius

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:44:43 am »
Tigersfan I send you a mail. It seems that I received beta version of expansion despite buying it on 1 september.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:48:46 am »
Nevermind I figured it out.
I used a Steam installation with a patched in beta expansion, then bought the expansion again on Steam assuming all necessary files would be patched in.

This worked fine for the music itself, but validating my Steam cache showed that one file was missing/out-of-date. Presumably the one adding the new music to the ingame playlist = P...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 11:04:49 am »
Nice catch! I was apparently suffering from the same problem, and didn't even know it!  ;D

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 06:45:56 am »
Nice catch! I was apparently suffering from the same problem, and didn't even know it!  ;D
You're welcome :).

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
I've had the expansion for a while now, and I check the expansion folder and the music files exist and playable outside the game, but I've yet to hear them in the game itself. Is their something I'm missing to get them to work? I'm playing it on a mac, so I'm wondering if that's the reason?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk