Author Topic: Cubed Target Bonus  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Winge

Cubed Target Bonus
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:05:32 pm »
I thought this was kind of silly...and then my Norse Siege units got a hold of it, when I was deliberately trying to flip a Greek town.

:o  >D

A Level 1 Ballista deals 138,240 damage to buildings in one hit.  And I have stronger than Level 1 available.  I was shocked to see a number that looked greater than 400,000 in one hit.
A Level 1 Arsonist deals 53,240 damage to buildings in one hit.  Unopposed, it could level a town in roughly 3 turns.

Man, I love this game!
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Cubed Target Bonus
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »
That's so awesome! :D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:39:37 am »
I'm thinking this is probably why Ruins tiles take 3 actions to place, since the effects can be quite strong.

Does the RNG ever drop those onto the board itself?  Never seen it happen.

Offline Winge

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:13 am »
It depends on the map, Misery.  Ruins Rush ought have them (haven't played that one yet, it will probably be my next conquest).  I was on Plateau of Circumstance, and there was always at least one active ruin per side in the game.  On that note, Plateau of Circumstance is an amazing map...I found it much more intense and enjoyable than Ganan Fields, which I think I've played one too many times ;).

Edit:  actually, I need to try out a few more maps before suggesting.  What I was thinking of may already be covered.  And I'm way too tired to think coherently (or spell) right now anyways.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:55:21 am by Winge »

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:50:31 am »
I'm thinking this is probably why Ruins tiles take 3 actions to place, since the effects can be quite strong.

Does the RNG ever drop those onto the board itself?  Never seen it happen.

Yes, on all the maps that I have played, including dead forest.

Offline Winge

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:32:57 pm »
Man, I wish I could build the Brewery...Mortar lvl 1 with cubed bonus against buildings... 5,353,480 damage...I shall call a Mortar with Cubed Target Bonus "Fat Man" from now on.

Edit:  or I could just hire Brokkr for a bit.  Fat Man deployed.  I call that a beautiful sight!  >D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:59:43 pm by Winge »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 02:14:42 am »
Speaking of crazy numbers, I had this unit happen in my game just now.  SO MUCH HEALTH.

The stupid thing was, that one ended up NEVER DOING ANYTHING.   Just sat there.   The whole time.   didn't even attack things that were adjacent.   Just did not care one bit.

]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:17:21 am by Misery »

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 02:52:27 am »
She is the Dark Elf Goddess, and deigns not to stain herself with blood. ;)

I suspect that some units have strange AI - all instances of Dark Elves I think end up not doing very much. It doesn't beat the empty Trojan Horse though. :P

Offline Winge

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 07:56:36 am »
Add the horse archer (the "bandit only" ones that Athena can summon...can't remember the name) to that list.  I've yet to see them attack on their own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk