Author Topic: Care to weigh in on potential logo concepts? Vote here! (Round 3)  (Read 8063 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Care to weigh in on potential logo concepts? Vote here! (Round 3)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »
Yeah, the exodus one is wicked. :)

The Valley 2 one was also designed there, and I love that also.  I learned about that site at the time we came out with the Valley 2 logo.  I really love it too, although it always stresses me out that I have to pick one designer after all of them work so far, and only one of them gets any money.  Still, I guess for each one they do win, it's a pretty happy payday.  And with that in mind, I try not to waste anyone's time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 01:51:33 pm »
I don't think I'd stress too much about picking a winner.  They all know what they're getting into, and I'm sure they enjoy it.  If nothing else, I imagine they appreciate the chance to improve their skills in a competitive environment.  A few hundred bucks can be very motivating.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »
Yeah, this is true.  With the Valley 2 project I had two designers that were quite unprofessional with me after losing ("I worked on this like 12 hours all night!" and so forth), so it makes me really paranoid.  With Exodus we had no such problems, and nothing like this on SC yet either.  But it still makes me really paranoid.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 02:16:38 pm »
"Skyward Collapse is an upcoming strategy game from a studio with 5 existing Steam games (so most likely this one will be, too). This is a turn-based strategy game, but it also has aspects of a "god game." You play as "the creator," a sort of super-being in a mythological sense.

You're overseeing a slightly fantasy-based version of either the Greeks or the Norse, and you're ordering both them and some of their deities around. So you're telling Zeus and Thor what to do a bit, as well as units like hoplites or other smaller human troops. You can also place units like the minotaur.

This is a tile-placement game rather like Carcassonne or similar if you're thinking physical board games. You place the tiles for the land, and that's where the name of the game comes from. There's a huge expanse of sky behind the main board, mostly clouds or similar, and then you place these boardgame-like pieces that fly up from the unseen land below to become a part of your floating sky mass.

This is a game that is aimed at both midcore gamers (it's reasonably easy to pick up, especially for a strategy game), and hardcore grognards (hoo boy, but this rabbit hole goes deep)."

This sounds very appealing and kinda unique. -posts you the cheque already- :P

BTW, as of last week, I know have all Arcen Games and expansions. The only one I never got at release was the AI War expansions haha. :)

The losers should get a copy of AI War, just so they know that Arcen Games is not a company which lets you win regularly haha.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »
Spoilers ahoy!  Yeah, I guess that was more info than we've released yet. ;)

But that's still not getting at what I think the coolest parts of the game are.  You'll still have to wait a bit to hear that! :)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »
Spoilers ahoy!  Yeah, I guess that was more info than we've released yet. ;)

But that's still not getting at what I think the coolest parts of the game are.  You'll still have to wait a bit to hear that! :)

:)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk