Author Topic: Buildings questions  (Read 2142 times)

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
Buildings questions
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »
I have few questions for current buildings behavior:
1. No owner buildings in town after few fights - are we meant to smite and rebuild them or is there another way of salvaging them planned?
2. Buildings repair - is it planned or only way buildings repair is when they are captured ?
3. Building upgrades - they seem underwhelming currently. Is it work in progress thing or they are only meant to add to hp and nothing else?

Offline _K_

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Buildings questions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »

3. Building upgrades - they seem underwhelming currently. Is it work in progress thing or they are only meant to add to hp and nothing else?
Yeah, i agree with this very much.
I kinda expected at least to get bonuse to production for the production buildings. This would be difficult to balance though, as the game length is an adjustable, but fixed value.

Personally, i dont see a point in the building upgrade mechanic at all. It generates additional clutter in the interface, and increases complexity, while bringing nothing of importance to the game.

Offline Winge

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »
Right now, I've been smiting and rebuilding, as needed/desired.  I hope that the buildings can be fully captured in a later version of the game, although I have heard of a workaround:  if one side completely destroys the town (including the Town Center) then all of the buildings flip.  Haven't tried it myself yet--that'll be next game  ;)

As for 2 and 3, I'll sum them up together:  points.  Upgrading buildings gives you a massive point boost.  At the same time, destroying an upgraded building gives the same boost to the other side.  As such, you don't want buildings to be repaired, because then they can't be destroyed.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 10:55:46 am »
Buildings can't be captured individually, but the town as a whole can be.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 12:37:17 pm »
The problem with this is that from certain point in game you need to look over each and every town to search for white flags and then go smite/rebuild them. In properly balanced war you can lose 1-2 buildings in town... losing whole town is rare at least for me.
This adds a lot of micro required to run actual towns and distracts from other planning etc.

Relevant suggestions:
New building to repair/reclaim other buildings
Building upgrades upgraded

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 11:55:03 pm »
I agree that the building upgrades seem kinda unimportant at this point.   I find myself not increasing building levels very much, yet I'll increase unit levels pretty often, both with schools and also with the direct action. 

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 11:58:45 pm »
From what I've heard about buildings, with no points, it doesn't seem to be very worthwhile to upgrade.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:52 am »
From what I've heard about buildings, with no points, it doesn't seem to be very worthwhile to upgrade.

Even with the scoring, it still didn't seem very useful in it's current form.  There's usually better strategic options/necessities than the building upgrades. 

I like the IDEA of having the building upgrades, but..... hmm.   I dont know what I could suggest to make it better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk