Author Topic: Another Expansion?  (Read 14743 times)

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
Another Expansion?
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »
Subject says it all.  :)

You release schedule doesn't seem list anything relating to SC, so I'm wondering whether there's any chance of another expansion?

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Another Expansion?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »
Is there a chance? Possilby.

But, no, there is nothing currently scheduled for it.

Offline iron man

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:30:34 pm »
Last month I'm sure that I see Skyward expansion in the release schedule.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:16:07 am »
Yep, it was, but for now it is not planned anymore. The first expansion was not successful enough to warrant more at this point, sadly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline iron man

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:27:40 am »
Bad news... I purchased the game and the expansion through Humble Bundle paying above $6.
And I was happy that a new expansion was on the way  :(

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »
Yep, it was, but for now it is not planned anymore. The first expansion was not successful enough to warrant more at this point, sadly.

:'(
That's definitely sad news.

Any chance of being able to mod this?

I really enjoy this game and had hoped to see more. I tip my hat to you for taking a chance on making something unique. Pity others didn't see its brilliance.

Oh well I'll get back to playing it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:58:42 pm by Sounds »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »
Mod support is really complex to add to games, unfortunately.  Though you can mod the text and images easily, and music.  Just not the gameplay.  We may well do another expansion here, you never know; it just isn't looking likely any time soon.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:44 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I've got all of you games thus far, so whilst I haven't been enamoured with games like SH and AVWW2 I still like what you company does and tries to do.

Here's hoping you do get a chance to return to SC or something again in that vein. :D

Offline IndieJunkie

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:27 pm »
I sure hope there's more coming up next year. I still have pretty much the entire Arcen catalog to entertain myself with but Skyward Collapse + Shattered Haven remain my favorites.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 04:14:11 am »
Well, that blows.

From what I've seen, it seems alot of players didn't even know that the expansion exists.... This seems to be a recurring problem.  And an annoying one, no doubt.

This after all of the excellent reviews and such that the game got.

I think I can sum up the whole situation with "bah!"

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 08:56:59 am »
Yeah, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get games noticed as an indie, all of us indies are finding out.  Brave new world.  I guess we'll just see how things evolve, though.

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 08:33:47 pm »
Yeah, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get games noticed as an indie, all of us indies are finding out.  Brave new world.  I guess we'll just see how things evolve, though.

Waaaaaaaa I opened this post hoping you we're about to announce another expansion.  :'(

All I can say about the brave new world is stick to your plan. The games you make attest to putting fun front and centre.

SC is my current favourite and it baffles me why its not as popular as should be. It's a gem.  :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 08:47:52 pm »
I appreciate it, and we definitely are sticking to our guns. :)

The main thing is that we have to keep making new games right now, rather than expanding existing ones, because that's the only way we can stay in business.  Which in some ways is not a bad problem, because we are growing with that model and if we have a huge hit then a lot of things get easier.  But you never know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk