Author Topic: Scoring  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Ppinjay

Scoring
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:13:54 pm »
Is there a list anywhere of how the scoring works in this game?  Even though my cities seem to be thriving I always seem to come up short on the score end.

Offline Winge

Re: Scoring
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »
If you mouse over score in-game, it will tell you your score from each.  You can reverse-engineer them on your own, but I did my own calculations.

Here's what my calculations yield:
Unit kills by Red or Blue:  15 points each
Building kills by Red or Blue:  150 points each
God kills by Red or Blue:  5,000 points each*
God and Mythological Tokens:  listed on the token; note that some tokens remove points!
Kills by Yellow:  NOTHING!

*Couldn't confirm this in the game I had.  However, I remember it from patch notes, and I've offed them before.  RIP old Fenrir.

...my cities seem to be thriving...

That may be part of your score woes.  A great way to improve your score is allowing Red and Blue to destroy towns.  It may seem strange, but your goal is not to keep Red and Blue from fighting.  You simply have to keep them alive:  the best score comes from teetering on the edge of defeat (tons of destruction) without actually losing.  In one of my games, I did not build Barracks or Archery Ranges.  The only Red and Blue human units were siege weapons.  It was complete, absolute, hilarious chaos.  God Tokens can also provide amazing score bonuses--I've gained 3,000 from a single Token before!

Edit:  added some scoring tips.  Hope it helps those struggling with scores; I've been there before.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:50:16 pm by Winge »
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk