Author Topic: 1.0 out for alpha testers. Edit: 1.001 now  (Read 7945 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: 1.0 out for alpha testers. Edit: 1.001 now
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 04:58:58 am »
Question: do people have any particular use for  this kind of leaflet? If not, I won't work on it.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 05:48:51 am »
Question: do people have any particular use for  this kind of leaflet? If not, I won't work on it.

I had a look at that:  that type of thing actually might be good to put up on the site to help new players.   A good idea.

And on the note of balance and such:

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11658

Minotaurs.  Holy crap.   These guys.   They need a nerf.  Badly.   Currently they're just a tad of an overpowered mess.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:07 am »
How do minos stand up to giants?

To elaborate, if the giant kicks its ... then the mino should be fine ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:25:24 am by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:24 am »
In my experience, minos pretty much own everything. Buildings and units alike.

And while we're on the discussion of unit balance, I feel archery units in general could use a buff. They went from overpowered machine guns to single-shot pop guns. I think they should get one extra AP so a stationary archery unit can fire two shots, but a moved one can only fire zero or one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:08:34 am by Mick »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 07:09:22 am »

The only real advantage the giants have over these guys is their large amount of HP.  The minotaurs though still have alot of health themselves as well (AND a high auto-heal). 

But it's the part where a Minotaur can destroy up to 10 buildings in a single turn that really caught me, lol, as far as this goes.  Not to mention what they do against units of pretty much any type.

There's just too many things wrong with these guys right now, really.   I saw the complaint about them originally on the Steam forums, and decided to test them out myself in various situations.... and so came to this.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 07:12:44 am »
Also, does anyone else find it a little ridiculous that siege (and rams in particular) will pretty much destroy units just because they happen to be standing on a building? This didn't really happen when siege units used to have a building modifier, but now that they have huge attack in general they make it very difficult to defend.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:04 am »

The only real advantage the giants have over these guys is their large amount of HP.  The minotaurs though still have alot of health themselves as well (AND a high auto-heal). 

But it's the part where a Minotaur can destroy up to 10 buildings in a single turn that really caught me, lol, as far as this goes.  Not to mention what they do against units of pretty much any type.

There's just too many things wrong with these guys right now, really.   I saw the complaint about them originally on the Steam forums, and decided to test them out myself in various situations.... and so came to this.
Maybe bring them down to troll levels? Trolls are fairly nasty too.

Greeks have the best military units.  It would stand to be that their siege weapons would be better too.  It's a pain you bring on yourself ;)
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 08:02:24 am »

Maybe bring them down to troll levels? Trolls are fairly nasty too.

Greeks have the best military units.  It would stand to be that their siege weapons would be better too.  It's a pain you bring on yourself ;)

Aye, bringing them down to a level closer to trolls would be good.   Trolls can be strong, but they're nowhere near being "unstoppable" or unmanageable.   And the Greek arent supposed to have mythological units that are quite on the same level as the Norse ones anyway;  the devs can correct me if I'm wrong on that one, but I'm pretty darn sure that's the design idea for them.  Stronger military units, weaker mythologicals.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 08:15:47 am »
That's the idea as I understood (and have been parroting).

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2013, 09:55:23 am »
I split out the expansion discussion stuff into a new thread here: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13250.msg148968.html
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk