Author Topic: 1.0 out for alpha testers. Edit: 1.001 now  (Read 7945 times)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: 1.0 out for alpha testers. Edit: 1.001 now
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 02:29:05 pm »
For peopel who were in the Alpha and want a steam key, who can I contact for that?

No one. :) I'm working on giving those out right now.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »
Huzzah for releases!

Offline iozay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 02:56:27 pm »
Whoohooo! Congratulations and GREAT WORK :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »
Thank you very much!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »
Congrats! I have high hopes that this title will do well for you. Something's telling me it will.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 03:39:12 pm »
Congrats! I have high hopes that this title will do well for you. Something's telling me it will.

Thank you!  It looks super encouraging at the moment, anyhow.  Our sales so far are beating out any of our prior games by about 20%.  That includes Valley 1, which sold amazingly well, 3x higher than anything else we've ever done, in its first month.  That's the scale we're seeing right now, but it's only the first hour or two.  That could all dry up in an instant, or just turn out to be a flash in the pan and then a disappointment after that.  So there are huge numbers of crossed fingers here.  But overall this seems like we made the right thing at the right time. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »
I've often played armchair general and saying you made the wrong mix of things, at the wrong time, in a crowded market lacking distincting.

This though is a right mix of things, at a good time, in a somewhat crowded market however very distinctive.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »
Quick look at the top-sellers chart too, seems higher than Valley 2 ever got to. Or Shattered Haven got to during its 75% sale. Promising start!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 03:46:33 pm »
Oh man, H/H/H game is kicking me in the teeth (probably should not have let those bandits get Singasteinn). I love it.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 03:50:06 pm »
Hmmm, maybe one slight problem with the steam store page is that the comic is not on it. Not sure if it's even possible to put the comic on there. Comic isn't directly visible on the Arcen store page either as far as I can. Not sure if this is intentional or not, just pointing it out.

Trailer is up now. Cool! I remember for Valley2 the trailer wasn't up for quite a long time after the launch as I recall.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:52:19 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »
Congrats from me as well!
You are in for a hit, keep it up :D!!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 04:05:27 pm »
Cheers folks, thanks!

Few notes:

@chemical_art: It's always a hard thing to judge, and with long development times it can be particularly tricky.  We also sometimes try something big and experimental and it doesn't work out completely like we hoped.  But that's why I want to stay smaller (like this) for a while; it seems safer and smarter all around.  Anyhow, thanks for the kind words!

@Pepisolo: Ah, I hadn't noticed that we are now the top sellers!  I'm still not used to it updating so fast, it used to be on a 12 hour delay and so I don't even look for it much until that amount of time has passed.  Valley 2 and Shattered Haven never did well on the charts, only getting up to the 60s or so on the top sellers list (less for SH).  Seeing this at #32 already is good, because it's data averaged over time and thus the real rank is actually much higher.  With similar sales numbers in the past, Valley 1 got I believe to #6 on the charts, and I think AI War topped out at #9.  I think that's the range we're in so far for Skyward.  It's so nice to -- knock on wood -- have things going right for a change!

@Pepisolo: Awesome on the trailer, I'd not seen that yet!   That's a huge relief.  In terms of the comic not being there, that is expected and I didn't even bring it up with them.  I don't think it would work there, and GamersGate said as much to me.  But we're pushing that in our press releases, and it's part of the game itself now, too.

@nas1m:  Thanks! :)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:56 pm »
Oh, with release , I figure at least someone is going to do this...

An actual double diplomat rush won't work on Expert difficulty, but I did manage to create a traffic jam of diplomats. This brings back memories.

Maybe I'll try a signle-diplomat rush instead...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:21:55 pm by zharmad »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »
I don't think it would work there, and GamersGate said as much to me.  But we're pushing that in our press releases, and it's part of the game itself now, too.

Actually, seeing as the comic is now part of the game, you could quite reasonably have a screenie of the comic part of the game added to the list of screenshots. Extra little bit of eye-candy. No big deal, though, maybe you're better off sticking with pure gameplay stuff, anyway.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »
Given that bandit camps in round 3 are now much more threatening, I think the lockdown woe on not hard difficulties can be reduced to 7 or even 5.

I prevented mass chaos in my tutorial game only through spamming mythological creatures.

Another thing...

Can the points values for units scale with level in some way.

Yet another thing...

Should mythological creatures be worth 15 (correct me if thats wrong)? I think they should be worth 50.
Life is short. Have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk