Author Topic: On Demand  (Read 54503 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: On Demand
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »
Well, the limited build radius for TCs is going to open up the resource divide quite a bit.  You aren't going to be able to build up one town to produce everything anymore. 

Example: Xiphos.  It needs 5 buildings to create one.  2 buildings produce the raw resources and can be located at any town.
The other 3 buildings need to be together in one town. 
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 05:24:17 pm »
I've had dedicated raw resource towns and production towns since 0.800, so I won't expect to feel any impact from the change. :D

The rest is nomenclature and accounting.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 05:28:48 pm »
I've been playing the one town wonder :)  These changes are going to hit me pretty hard tbh.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »
Maybe you should need to build a Trade Post in a town to access the global resources, so you at least take up a building slot.  Otherwise the town is on its own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk