Author Topic: Twilight of the Gods  (Read 28997 times)

Offline xoseph

Twilight of the Gods
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:34:33 pm »
I seem to be having some trouble understanding how the gods work.
In my last game I placed Hera's token with the hopes that she would plow through 2 valkyries to pick it up, but much to my dismay, she just casually strolled right over them.  Or under them?

Did this happen because the valkyries fly?  It seems to be difficult to get the gods to engage in combat.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Twilight of the Gods
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »
I seem to be having some trouble understanding how the gods work.
In my last game I placed Hera's token with the hopes that she would plow through 2 valkyries to pick it up, but much to my dismay, she just casually strolled right over them.  Or under them?

Did this happen because the valkyries fly?  It seems to be difficult to get the gods to engage in combat.

If I recall correctly, the gods wont do any damage unless they themselves are attacked.  Counterattacks, in other words.   Similar to how Cerberus works.

It does bug me a bit, that system, because it currently kinda means that their position on the board just doesnt mean anything.  The only exception is if a specific woe goes off, the one that makes them go on a berserk rampage.  But other than that.... yeah, they wont actually do any direct damage to anything.

Originally they wouldnt really move, but WOULD attack any enemy in their sight range, and this actually caused all sorts of goofy issues, so I'm not really sure how their presence on the board could be made more exciting without being a bit of an unbalanced mess (unbalanced in the wrong way, that is).

Offline xoseph

Re: Twilight of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:26:10 am »
So I did something similar now, in the same saved game, and Hera is just plowing through everything when she could just walk over mountains to her destination.  I'm confused as to how this game does things. . . . .but I love it XD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk