Author Topic: With Valley 2 Going Out to About December 1, Anything New On Shattered Haven?  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Just thought I'd ask, the news for Valley 2 bodes well, in my opinion, a more polished first time experience as Chris and I think LaughingThesaurus said as well. I agree, I think it can only be a good thing for V2.  :)

So, any news for SH? Perhaps a bit of gameplay vid?

Then again, the have everything ready and polished before seeing too much of it with V2, might be the best way to go with SH too.
I mean, I 'want' to see something, but if it meant people picking it apart and saying i like this, but not that, then i'd rather have you all keep it under wraps and test it and polish it close to home and perhaps with small test groups who are going to give you good honest reviews on what they think before releasing to public.

Releasing to public too early and getting shot in the foot for it, was maybe what did AVWW1 in.
Anyway, do what you feel best, as a matter of fact, I'm thinking i shouldn't ask for a vid now for just those reasons noted. So forget I asked, just know that my interest in SH is still high and i'm hoping, and of course, one of these days i'll get a chance to play it.  So that has to be good enough.

-Teal

edit:  Ooops!  Sorry for the mistake, about Shattered Haven, that i called Shattered Horizon... maybe you can make an expansion next year and call it that?  :)   Just kidding.

-T

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:28:07 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Shattered Haven, not Shattered Horizon. ;)

Shattered Haven is progressing, although more slowly since so much time is being devoted to Valley2 at the moment.  I'm expecting a SH release in January or February unless something drastic happens.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Deekay

• Newbie Mark III
Hey Chris, I assume you must have been extremely busy as of late with the Valley 2 beta release and getting ready for 1.0.
But I was just wondering if you have had any chance to work on Shattered Haven the last couple months. I assume it has had to take a bit of a back seat with
all the work on Valley 2, but was wondering if you had any kind of status updates to share? Or will that be coming after Valley 2 hits 1.0? :P

Thanks.

Oh and happy new year! Hope its a good one for you guys ^_^

DK

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Happy New Year!

In terms of Shattered Haven, personally I've not been able to do too much on it.  However, about 20 hours of staff hours per week have been going into the game since August or so, and thus there's definitely been a lot of progress.  Now that Valley 2 is to the beta stage, I will likely be spending about a day or a half day each week working on Shattered Haven.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
good to hear!   

Offline Deekay

• Newbie Mark III
It is nice to hear that there is still regular progress :)
I shall be lurking around and looking forward to any new info :P

All the best.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Oh yeah, lots of exciting progress lately.  We're hoping to be to beta by early February at this point, and 1.0 maybe a month-ish after that.  It's really come a long way. :)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
:)  Great to hear!   Thanks for the update!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
I was hoping to hear something new on the SH front soon, but guess you have your hands full with AVWW2, which is turning out to be quite awesome actually, congrats!  Anyway, was hoping the Lode Runner Zombie-esque with editor and full color plates and all hand drawn project might have some new and interesting news? Maybe?

Anyway, thank you for listening,
-T

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
We are working hard on both games actually, and we're expecting them to be both ready for 1.0 release within a week of one another at this point.  Shattered Haven is getting very polished, and it's the style of game that we're not sure we're going to do a public beta for after all.  However, it will have a 1.0 in February, so that's exciting!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
We are working hard on both games actually, and we're expecting them to be both ready for 1.0 release within a week of one another at this point.  Shattered Haven is getting very polished, and it's the style of game that we're not sure we're going to do a public beta for after all.  However, it will have a 1.0 in February, so that's exciting!

Actually that sounds very wonderful!  Thank you for the information! Am waiting expectantly. 

-T

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
We're excited to be able to share it soon. :)

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
]and it's the style of game that we're not sure we're going to do a public beta for after all.
I hope you at least have a private beta to fix the biggest bugs. And for non-developer balancing. Even if it's only for a week or two before release.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Yep, we'll be doing a private alpha in either case.  It's been extensively tested as it is, but we're still definitely doing that either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk