Author Topic: Stuck on Volcano Rock Path  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Melisma

Stuck on Volcano Rock Path
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:23:00 am »
Hey all,

This is a great game - I'm loving it so far. But I've been stuck on Volcano Rock Path for hours! I cannot find the secret path anywhere, and yes - I read the previous thread concerning its location, and I still haven't had any luck. I seem to be able to walk across the lava in between the two pillars on the bottom screen, but a puddle of lava on the other side prevents me from passing through the rightmost pillars. It seems like I've tried walking across every path of lava on the bottom screen to no avail. Can someone please give me specifics on how to get across? I'm about to give up.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Stuck on Volcano Rock Path
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35:52 am »
Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

I have the same issue :-\. But as it is only a bonus level I decided that for me near-instant death lava pools and terror bats are not worth the trouble atm I have to admit ::)...

You might well have found a bug. You might want to file a report on mantis, the dev's bugtracker (i can take care of this for you if you want)...

Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Melisma

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47:35 am »
Thanks, that'd be great if you wanted to file a bug report. :)

By the way, I figured out a way to take care of the bats: even though there aren't enough weapons to kill the bats, if you time the grenade toss right, you can take out a bat and a gray in one hit, making things much easier.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:17 am »
Here you go. And thanks for the hint :)! I will give it a try next time ;)...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:17 pm »
For the next version:

* Clarified the hints on the Volcano Rock Path even further.  You have to go around to the left to get to the portal, not from the east.

Thanks!  And hopefully that helps.  The secret passage is clearly marked by four columns, in the center bottom screen.  If you have killed all the grays, then it's just a simple walk to the exit through that.  I take it you were heading for the eastern shore, and it wasn't clear enough that there's no path from there to the portal?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:29:16 pm »
That might have been my issue, yes. I will check as soon as I can get my hands on the game again!

Offline Melisma

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 02:23:21 pm »
Thanks.

Yes, I was going through the four columns, which seemed like the obvious spot. It's just that at the other end of the secret passage, a darker individual square of lava was preventing me from going any further. Maybe it will disappear when I kill all the grays? I was trying to cross first without killing the grays to make sure I knew where it was, but I guess I have to kill all the grays first for the mysterious dark lava block that's blocking my path to disappear.

Offline Melisma

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:37:35 pm »
To clarify, it's one of the darker individual squares of lava different from the surrounding magma pool that's been blocking my path since it's situated right in the middle of the rightmost pillars on the far shore. I'll have to check to see if it goes away once all of the grays are killed, though. Maybe that will do the trick. It seems unlikely that a square of magma will disappear, however.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:40:52 pm by Melisma »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
!!!!

Thanks for that!  I totally did not see that.

* Fixed a recent bug in Volcano Rock Path where, thanks to the placement of the pillars, the path in the south had accidentally become impassible!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Melisma

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »
Thanks! :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:52 am »
You bet!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk