Author Topic: Shattered Haven 1.005 "Stantonsburg's Revenge" Released!  (Read 3521 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Shattered Haven 1.005 "Stantonsburg's Revenge" Released!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »
Pierce is around 6 to 8, I forget exactly. Lela is 4. Neither one of them speak like regular kids because of their isolation from other children. I had a milder form of that sort of speech at the age of 3 or so. My mom likes to tell the story of me going up to adults and going "nice weather today isn't it?" and similar. As I moved into preschool and was socialized with other kids more, my speech shifted to be more like other kids. In short, kids pick up the speech patterns of whoever they are around.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 06:25:57 pm »
Pierce is around 6 to 8, I forget exactly. Lela is 4. Neither one of them speak like regular kids because of their isolation from other children. I had a milder form of that sort of speech at the age of 3 or so. My mom likes to tell the story of me going up to adults and going "nice weather today isn't it?" and similar. As I moved into preschool and was socialized with other kids more, my speech shifted to be more like other kids. In short, kids pick up the speech patterns of whoever they are around.

Thanks, the only confusion I had was the cutscene when Pierce encounters the Squid. He looks a lot older than 8 or the height is just weird due to the angle. So I was a bit confused by it.
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »
Yeah, chalk that one up to the artist who did that comic panel taking a little license. ;)

New one!  http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,12727.0.html
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk