Author Topic: Stuck in Phoenix Forest  (Read 16361 times)

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
Stuck in Phoenix Forest
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:05 pm »
So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get through the Abandoned Farm level.  Not that I can't beat all the Greys - I literally physically can't make it through the level.  There is a metal box of some sort blocking my progress, and I can't destroy it.  I feel like I need a Sledgehammer, but I searched the whole forest and no such weapon is evident except in the portal levels.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Stuck in Phoenix Forest
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »
You can knock out windows with the axe -- then you can easily get to the other part of the level.  Is that what you were missing?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:13 pm »
Well, I was able to knock out the windows, but that's what was confusing me.  The windows didn't seem to ~lead~ any... waitaminute.  Are you saying there's an area transition right on top of the windows where the broken glass makes it hard to see?  >.>  ~goes to check~

EDIT: No, that's not it...  To clarify: in the house to the right of the two landmines with an axe between them, about level with the two pairs of windows there is a refrigerator and a metal box that seem to block access to the rest of the house.  Breaking the north windows doesn't lead anywhere (and even if it did it would just be to that little zombie pen with the well) and breaking the south windows also doesn't seem to lead anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:55:15 pm by MaxAstro »

Offline Winge

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:49 pm »
You can chop down the drawer leading to the greys in the right-hand room.  Might want to get ready to run  ;)
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:41 am »
I feel like I am looking at a different version of the level than everyone else.  I can see that the drawer is chopable, but I can't get past the metal box to chop the drawer.

I have attached my save file, in case I really ~AM~ looking at a different version of the level some how.  xD

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:17:41 am »
Note that savegames don't have the level info in there like valley 2 does or whatever. There's no reason to since this isn't procedural. Can you post a screenshot?

Also, are you playing the steam version? Is the version you are playing one that started as the alpha? Even if this started as the alpha it shouldn't matter because every last level was updated in the 1.0 patch. So... Color me confused how yours could be different.

Screenshot is f12, then look in runtimedata/screenshots.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:17 am »
Here's a screenshot with me standing next to the offending box.

I have the Steam version of the game; the main menu claims to be 1.003, but I've never manually updated it so I assume Steam is doing it's automatic update thing.  The first version I played was 1.001, but it updated to 1.003 before I left the tutorial.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:49 am »
I'm pretty sure that chest wasn't there in my game.  :o

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 10:10:49 am »
Uhhh... yeah.  Where the heck did that come from!  :o

I can confirm it is in the latest version of the game, and I've just fixed that.  Will push it out in just a short while.  That is... supremely odd.  I'm not sure where that came from. ???

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:12 am »
Weird. I just started a fresh game using 1.003 and I have a bunch of money in the location of the chest on the screenshot posted above (i.e. I could continue). Wasn't there an issue with collectibles hiding in foreground objects in an earlier version?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:35 am »
Oh!  Oh oh!  This is a 2p-only problem. :/

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:09 am »
Haha, glad I'm not just going crazy here.  :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 10:15:53 am »
I really appreciate the tip! :)  I was quite confused why you were stuck, haha.

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:31:36 pm »
Ack.  Okay, stuck round two!  Made it past the metal box of doom, but now I can't figure out how to get at this Lurker.  I feel like I should have a way to destroy hay, since there is a coinpile behind a haybale.  But all I have is an axe, and we've explored the rest of the forest...

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:20 pm »
Aww man!  This level changed several times during beta, and so certain things became impossible in 2p it's clear.  I should have done a better job of checking it, sorry.  I'll get that in the morning; unfortunately it's rather late now.  If it's blocking you, you can crack it open in the level editor (it's level 014 I think) and then switch to background placement mode and just right-click one of the haybales.  That will get you past in the short term.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk