Author Topic: Not able to update GOG patched version  (Read 13145 times)

Offline Driffster

Not able to update GOG patched version
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:07 pm »
Hi,

I just bought the game and I downloaded both the patch and the game, install it (after patch it is 1.004). Enable auto-update and restart the game but no update takes place, the game doesnt seem to connect to the internet. I tried it on 3 different computers (2 x Win 7 64 and 1 win 8.1 32) none of them worked (using a wireless lan..). It almost look it is an ISP problem or that the game fails to find the internet port..

Any suggestion? or any repository for updates?
Thanks

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Not able to update GOG patched version
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:54:18 am »
Hi there,

The updates only take place if you actually initiate them -- it doesn't do anything without your permission.  If you click the big play button, then at the top of that menu you should see a thing saying what updates there are and allowing you to upgrade.

Best,
Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Driffster

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:41 pm »
Ok that fixes it! Try to start a a new game to see the update. Feel a bit dumb about that, but on my defense its not very intuitive location (especially if your not trying to play the game like I was..)
Hope this tread can help other retards like me! :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »
No problem, and not having it as a top-level button definitely is a little bit obscure, sorry about that!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk