General Category > Shattered Haven

Shattered Haven Launch Trailer -- 1.0 is March 18th!

<< < (3/4) > >>

x4000:
It's ok.  And like I said, part of it is that I'm just grumpy at the moment -- stupid internet connection not working right, slowing my uploads, etc.  I'm not trying to stifle discussion, I'm just not sure this one was constructive, as you say.  The trailer stuff was set in stone last week, that sort of thing can't be changed on a dime.

Misery:
First of all, congrats on the launch!

Congrats also on what seems like a very bug-free game.... the beta was ridiculously short, and I'd wondered if there was going to be enough time for all of the bug-catching that typically goes into that, but.... it ended up not being an issue.   Much as I like Valley 2, that one was a glitchy pile of glitches (omigod the wall crawlers) throughout most of the beta, while this one has been very smooth and without issue, at least so far.   Havent run into any noticable glitches or major issues at all. 

I'll be interested to see how this one sells.   And I think this one is ripe for some LPs done of it on Youtube as well.

Now as for that trailer.... I can agree with Nanashi to a point.   Probably the biggest selling point of this game to me is the gameplay..... it's much like Valley 2 in that it's got that whole "very tactical" feel to it, in that the gameplay/combat/everything revolves around making very careful and strategic use of the things you have at the time, and there's a definite puzzle element as well.   The trailer though, does not show this.  What it DOES show is pleasant-looking overhead tile-based gameplay that is very reminiscent of many games from the 8 and 16-bit era.... THAT is going to draw some players immediately, and I think this game should actually do well with screenshots as well for that matter.  It does a good job also of showing the story stuff, since that's definitely another big point with this one.   

To be honest, I kinda think that you guys should consider doing a second video..... which wouldnt need to be anything like that, just one that shows off some gameplay ideas, as well as pointing out things like the level editor, which is another big plus for this game that the trailer doesnt mention.

Now granted, this is how trailer videos often are.... lol, I usually come away from such videos knowing exactly squat about the game I just saw in them.    But still, I thought I should give a bit of feedback anyway here.

EDIT:  Also, I'm curious, what's next for you guys?   I seem to recall hearing that you have a number of other planned projects, though I dont remember any specifics.

tigersfan:

--- Quote from: Misery on March 18, 2013, 08:55:04 am ---EDIT:  Also, I'm curious, what's next for you guys?   I seem to recall hearing that you have a number of other planned projects, though I dont remember any specifics.

--- End quote ---

We haven't given any specifics. :)

I think it's safe to say that Chris and I do know what our next project is going to be, and we've gotten as far as getting some very basic game-play concepts and a theme down, but not much more. Obviously, since it's in such an early state, we're really not ready to talk about it.

Keith has been spending some time on something entirely different from that, but again, he's not ready to talk about that either. He's a bit further along than Chris and I, but I think if I said more, he'd send the AI after me. :)

Our general, not very specific plan, is to have both of these out this year, probably earlier than you might expect, so you won't have to wait too long to know more about them. :)

keith.lamothe:

--- Quote from: tigersfan on March 18, 2013, 01:01:46 pm ---I think if I said more, he'd send the AI after me. :)
--- End quote ---
Or the grays.  Or the eagles.

But yea, probably the AI.

KingIsaacLinksr:
Congrats on the launch! Can't wait to see what you guys have done with this game :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version