Author Topic: Shattered Haven 1.012 "Flying High" Released!  (Read 11473 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Shattered Haven 1.012 "Flying High" Released!
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:04 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/06/shattered-haven-1012-flying-high.html

This one is just a couple of minor tweaks and fixes that mostly affect bonus content after the game has already been won.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, hit the big "Play" button and then you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Shattered Haven 1.012 "Flying High" Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:47:20 am »
I'm glad to see some love thrown this way.  This game is among my favorites.

Any chance we'll finally see achievements one day?  ;)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »
Glad to throw some love here. :)

Favorite of mine as well... but unfortunately our worst-selling title ever (even below Tidalis, by a large margin).  So... yeah.  That makes it really tough to really consider doing content additions.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:30:19 am »
I like this game too, and I like what it tries to do. It's an odd combination of things, that's for sure. But what it really reminds me of is playing tile-based RPGs on my Game Boy as a wee kid. That, and an oddball little RPG engine for the Palm Pilot series of handhelds called "Kyle's Quest."

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »
Thanks for the update.  This is also one of my favorites of yours. 

What do you think were the reasons it tanked sales-wise?  I know you all had high hopes for it. 

Graphics?  Sure, they aren't the best, but they get the job done, and for a puzzle game they are more than adequate, I think. 

Clunky interface?  Yeah, this was one of my peeves.  It certainly improved a lot right before release, but it's still a low point in my mind.

Little to no advertising?  I don't know, what do you guys think?

It is just a major shame that this game did not take off.  Maybe Shattered Haven X2 Ultra in 3D would do it.   :P

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:23:05 am »
I think that mainly the market wasn't looking for this kind of game right now. It's just too retro in a lot of ways. Neo-retro is popular, but there's a difference. We also did a poor job of explaining what it is, and in general messed up the pre-release pr (we tried something, and it didn't work).

There are other factors as well, but that's mostly speculation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk