General Category > Shattered Haven

Shattered Haven 1.010-1.011 "Squid Anomaly" Released!

(1/3) > >>

x4000:
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/04/shattered-haven-1010-squid-anomaly.html

This one is just a couple of minor tweaks, as well as a fix for a more important bug that only affected people with really unusual framerates (so very much an edge case).

UPDATE: 1.011 fixes a bug that was introduced in 1.010.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, hit the big "Play" button and then you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.

Case:
Hi, I might be getting a bug with movement of the grays.  They slide or jump perpendicularly to the way they're facing, to always be on the same level as me.  Let's say my player character P is up against a gray G:

y
^
|   G>   <P
|
----->x

And I move upward in the y direction, then the gray will match my y position.  If the gray is above the player, and I move along the x axis, the gray will match my x position.  This makes it impossible to run around a gray.  So far, I'm seeing this behavior on The Farm and Forsaken Home.  I guess it could be intentional, but I don't remember it from playing yesterday before this update.  Are the grays supposed to move like this?

Also, the grays are getting stuck on objects in Forsaken Home (possibly when they're "sliding" around), but that's not too frustrating like the other issue.

x4000:
I see the issue you're referring to -- thanks for that.  Will see what's up!

x4000:
Thanks for that!  Both issues you mentioned are now fixed; they were both the same thing, and were indeed caused by the prior patch.  Cheers!

jonasan:
I am delighted to report that the suqid bug fix works perfectly chris!! Thank you very very much  :D

Now running SH on my ubuntu laptop with sticky squid issues - so me and my girl friend have a new Arcen game to explore in bed.

Arcen giving linux support!!! Really wasnt sure you'd find time to patch SH for an unsupported OS bug - not with evrything else you have going on right now.....

Cheers :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version