Author Topic: Questions/Possible Bugs?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Questions/Possible Bugs?
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:35:54 am »
I didn't put these on Mantis because I wasn't sure if they were intended.

The Bear Trap's encyclopedia entry lists Stackable Items as a Related Topic, which seems strange since they aren't stackable.  Or are they?  Maybe this is just me mis-remembering, and I couldn't find a level with two bear traps to test.

I also had a question about The Deadly Garden.  Two of the bonus objectives are "Kill all of type DeadLurker before any of type Dead" and "Kill all of type DeadSlow before any of type Dead."  It seems that it would require two playthroughs to satisfy both conditions.  That would be fine except there is also a Bonus Objective to "Complete all objectives at once."  How can you simultaneously kill two different types of Dead before any other?  Maybe there's a way, and I'm just not seeing it.

On Tribal Mud Flatts, there is a Bonus Objective to kill two scorpions.  One of the two scorpions seems to be stuck near the pond on the right side of the screen.   It seems to be impossible to kill without using the invulnerability window to drop some tacks on top of it, which breaks the "Don't get hurt" Bonus Objective, which then breaks the "Complete all objectives at once" Bonus Objective.  Again, maybe this is intentional, and I just haven't figured out the right way to do it.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Questions/Possible Bugs?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:45:14 am »
The bear traps entry is wrong to list it as stackable, yeah. Although I may shift that.

The deadly garden is ok, but the wording probably should be clearer. It really means "Complete all objectives in one playthrough of the level."

The tribal mud flats scorpion should not be stuck, but probably needs to be updated since the water was made non-square-bordered.

Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:41 am »
As far as The Deadly Garden goes, I didn't think you had to kill the Lurkers and Slows at the same time, but how else do you logically satisfy both conditions at once?  What I mean is, if you're supposed to kill the Lurker before any other type of Gray AND kill the Slow before any type of Gray, don't they sort of cancel each other out since both Lurkers and Slows are each types of Gray?  Or does it mean before any regular, non-special Gray?

At any rate, I killed the Slow grays first, then I killed the Lurker, then everything else, and none of the objectives triggered.

Sorry if I was unclear.  It was kind of late when I wrote that.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:44:03 am »
An, gotcha -- yeah, it means just regular grays. That said, hose bonus objectives on that level have not been examined since 2008, so they might be stale, so to speak. Most levels have been heavily updated in the last 6 months, but I was slow porting the bonus objectives from the old engine to the new. A few of those might thus be wonky here and there; I'll have to fix those up in the next week.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:44 pm »
The Bonus Objectives for The Causeway seem to have some problems, too.  The first run through, I didn't grab all the money.  The second time, I did everything, but it didn't award the Bonus Objective for completing everything on a single run.  The statue appears to be gold, even though the Level Statistics show I didn't satisfy all the objectives.

None of the Bonus Objectives in Swamp Outpost triggered.

In The River's Hedge Maze, the statue turns gold, but it shows "Complete all objectives at once" as incomplete.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:21:34 pm by mrhanman »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:23:55 pm »
Oh!  I see -- the complete all objectives at once never shows as complete, because you have to escape in order for that really to happen.  In other words, you could take damage on your way out and then that's failed.  I'll have to look at that to make it more logical, though.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 07:41:42 pm »
So far, I've had none of the complete all objectives at once activate on any level.  I just finished Mesmerizing Gauntlet, satisfied the other two conditions, and it didn't trigger.  The statue is still gold, though.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »
Right, that's what I'm saying.  It takes effect the instant you leave the level with everything else complete.  So you can still get gold with them, but it's confusing because it doesn't predict what you will complete (like not taking damage).

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 07:59:47 pm »
I'm still not sure what you mean, but as long as you do, I'm cool with it.  8)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:28 am »
It's all fixed now anyway; if you see anything else confusing with it, let me know! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk