Author Topic: Prison Question  (Read 11442 times)

Offline SCPM

Prison Question
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:43:28 pm »
Hello!
I'm fairly early in the game.  After fighting a boss, I was unable to go into the sewers or mines, and the path west past the store was opened up by the 'zombie mom'.  There is a prison there, but I don't know what to do now.  I can break off the doors with the hammer, but I can't go in the building, even if I squeeze my way past the giant squid.  What do I do now?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Prison Question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:29 am »
Welcome to the forums!

There's a sewer cover next to the prison way up near where you came into its area. Use the hammer on that, and you can get right in. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline SCPM

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

There's a sewer cover next to the prison way up near where you came into its area. Use the hammer on that, and you can get right in. :)

Thank you for the welcome!

Okay, I tried it again, and it turned out I was using the big hammer instead of the little hammer.  Thanks for the help!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:50 pm »
My pleasure!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Shakura Jolithion

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:33:26 pm »
I know this is solved, but I got stuck after using the little hammer because I didn't know to walk southwards in the middle prison room... Maybe you could rearrange some of the triggers there? I literally went in, tried to find alternative paths, then left and explored everywhere else wondering what I was doing wrong... then when I finally came back I felt stupid for not walking far enough in >.<

Offline UltimateChaos

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »
I just wanted to bump this because I had a similar issue and I feel like this could be addressed.  There are doors to the prison that, when smashed, lead to nowhere.  You can even go to the front of the prison and look at the squid and go past him... but then you're stuck in that doorway/entranceway.  You can also smash the front doors and nothing happens (this is the logical path I took after seeing the kids and trying to go out front to open the door and free them.)  When they didn't go anywhere, I assumed the game was just unfinished and hasn't been programmed yet, and almost quit entirely.

Suggestions for improving this area:

- Have a pathway that leads to the kids that gets destroyed when you get close
-Either have the kids waiting below the trigger spot at the edge of that chasm so that you know you're supposed to go there to talk to them.
-Have your characters "spot" the kids and say something about getting closer to them so they can talk to them
-Have your characters or theirs call out and then move to that spot.
-Have the cutscene triggered in a much wider area and then cause your characters to move closer to the children.

Other than that, I've been loving this so far!  There was an issue on the gog.com version that I have that really showed no indication that I could update the game automatically or otherwise, but that's an issue I'm going to raise on the support forums there.  (I couldn't even get the little box that says there are updates available until I toggled something in the settings, the download they have is 1.000)  Thanks in advance for being such a responsive developer, and good work :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:20:28 am »
Thanks, guys!  Coming next version (later today):

* Fixed an issue where in the Prison area in Stantonsburg you could actually get over to the squid's area.  There is now a ravine blocking that.
** Additionally fixed the prison doors that were confusingly breakable with the sledge hammer, but led nowhere.  These are now unbreakable metal doors.

* In the Prison in Stantonsburg, the cutscene trigger area is now far larger, and then moves your characters into the appropriate position.  This way players who did not think to go south will automatically trip the cutscene anyway, and then be able to progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk