Author Topic: Online Multiplayer  (Read 2076 times)

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Online Multiplayer
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »
This may be answered somewhere I overlooked, but are there any plans for online multiplayer?  It's great that local multiplayer is in, but I don't often get to take advantage of that feature.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Online Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:04 pm »
My understanding is that no, SH will not have network multiplayer (since it wasn't designed for it, "adding" it would possibly be as much work as the original implementation itself).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:03:57 pm »
Yep, exactly. This game is designed around large numbers of entities moving extremely precisely, and trying to translate that to online multiplayer just wouldn't be feasible. Maybe if the game gets roaring popular or something, but I think it would be a situation that would still have to be approached really carefully because the likelihood of bugs is so incredibly high with something like that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:38:47 am »
Thanks for answering my question.  Here's hoping for the success required to think about maybe adding it. :D

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:39:19 am »
Indeed.  :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk