Author Topic: kingsnakes on the farm  (Read 2370 times)

Offline wololoh

kingsnakes on the farm
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:39 am »
I have been trying to complete all goals for the early-game level "the farm" over and over, but I really cannot for the life of me figure out how to kill one of the kingsnakes... They move super fast, and they only seem to move when I am only one "square" away from them so they always hurt me. I just cannot get them to move onto a mine at all. I also tried luring the snake in the upper left corner into the water, but that didn't kill it either. So could somebody please give a small hint or something? Or am I really missing something very obvious (that would also be a hint :P)?

PS on a related note, I also couldn't find the kingsnake in the ingame wiki, when I wanted to read up on them. (At 'enemy animals' I only see the shark)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: kingsnakes on the farm
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:18:37 am »
I managed to make it move onto a mine unharmed once during Beta and never since  :-\. I think the radius that triggers a kingsnake to move could stand extending a bit (more) farther out than its actual movement range. Currently it is way too hard to make one move without being hit in return imho.

The kingsnake should appear in your encyclopaedia once you kill one or are in the same screen as one when it is killed...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:21:17 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:26:48 am »
I have tried about 50 times to lure that damn snake, with no success.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:39:15 am »
New on mantis: Make kingsnakes easier to lure

Just in case you feel inclined to vote ;D...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »
Okee dokee then.  I agree with Chris's explanation.  I guess it should be darn hard since it's just a bonus objective anyway.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »
Well, looks like we're in for some reflex training then ;D...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
In terms of this level, I agree this is too hard after testing it a bit more -- it's frustratingly so, and too early in the game.  That said, the kingsnakes themselves can't be changed without nerfing them into oblivion.  So I changed the farm instead:

* Adjusted the farm level so that you can easily bait a certain kingsnake without having to have incredible reflexes.

Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline wololoh

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »
Thanks for all the clarifications/answers. I did indeed find, in the meantime, that the kingsnake is (marginally) movable without getting hurt, and I did get slightly better at it after a few tries.

But it got very tiring to retry / clear out the zombies every time I got hurt, and I still didn't succeed :P. So I will definitely return to the level later with the adjusted settings, thanks ;).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:36:33 pm by wololoh »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:50:10 pm »
You bet. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 04:03:46 pm »
Thanks Chris! Its good to know you always have an ear for us ;)...

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 04:39:42 pm »
You bet!  I always listen to the underlying problems, even if I don't always agree with a specific solution. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk