Author Topic: Controls  (Read 7798 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Controls
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »
In terms of sliding around objects, that's on my list of tweaks to add. :)
I'd like to vote for this one! It's one of the most needed improvements to the game!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 02:30:06 pm »
In terms of sliding around objects, that's on my list of tweaks to add. :)
I'd like to vote for this one! It's one of the most needed improvements to the game!

I'm actually working on that as we speak!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 12:37:03 am »
The inventory improvements are coming tonight!  http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Shattered_Haven_-_Beta_Release_Notes#Improved_Inventory
Probably work in progress or side effect of an upgrade but this looks quite weird.
1) Do we need button labels on empty slots? If we do, they would have looked better if we had something like a empty slot graphics (a cell or something) not just a empty space not delimited by anything. Otherwise it looks weird
2) Is there a way to move items in the inventory? I always want to reorder them and I can't figure out how. If it impossible, then the screenshot configuration is mildly annoying - itmes in random slots with no way to move them

UPDATE: I just re-readed the release notes and it seems that both my complaints are actually intended changes. Does anyone else feel these are awkward or is it just me?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:43:07 am by zespri »

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 12:53:03 am »
I REALLY like the arrangement of the new inventory.  The fact that everything has a set spot is great, I think.  Once you're used to it, finding stuff is easier.

I don't know if a grid or some kind of background is necessary or not.  I could take it or leave it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 07:35:07 am »
Zelda games don't have a grid, and I felt it had obscured clarity some.

Offline Honknatter

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »
Considering that there is a possibility to play with keyboard + mouse (which I so far prefer), why is there no way to manage the inventory per mouseclick? Currently, I see no other way for selecting items and assigning them to an active inventory slot than solely using the keyboard. Thus I have to take my hand off the mouse entirely in order to do this task. All it needs is the possiblity to select items per mouseclick inside the inventory. Hope I didn't miss anything (ingame options, forum posts, ...) that might explain this.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 08:03:55 pm »
Oh, don't worry -- the inventory being able to be selected via mouseclick is planned.  I just haven't had time to get to that one yet.  I'm surprised nobody brought it up before now! :)

Offline Honknatter

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »
That's great to hear. No hurries, then. Like the game so far. Keep it up!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 08:07:45 pm »
Thanks!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »
Oh, don't worry -- the inventory being able to be selected via mouseclick is planned.  I just haven't had time to get to that one yet.  I'm surprised nobody brought it up before now! :)

I brought it up during alpha.   :P

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »
Well, yeah -- but not since alpha has it come up, and that surprised me. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk