Author Topic: Canoe Trip bug? Or just me being a lame puzzle solver  (Read 2109 times)

Offline FroBodine

Canoe Trip bug? Or just me being a lame puzzle solver
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:11:29 am »
I killed all the Greys in the Canoe Trip level, and I collected all the gold and items.  It tells me to exit to complete the level, but I cannot see how to exit.  Rocks popped up blocking the exit at the upper left where the girl is waiting for me.  If this is not a bug, don't tell me the solution.  I just want to know that there is a solution.

As an aside note - what bonus do you get for completing all goals in a level?  What use is more points?

Second aside note - I guess there are levels that you have to go back to in order to complete all goals?  I finished The Farm level, but I could not see any way to kill the snakes with only the tools you get in that level, and I could not figure out a way to lure the snake to a landmine.  I just get killed too fast.  So, again, is there a solution here, or do you need to come back later with different tools?

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Canoe Trip bug? Or just me being a lame puzzle solver
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:37:42 am »
I can't say for sure that it isn't a bug, but I played through that level earlier today, and didn't have a problem with it.  Maybe there is a Gray you missed?  If you pause the game, it will put a label on any Grays on screen.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:33:53 am »
The rocks go down when you have gotten rid of all your tacks -- there was a prior issue where you could get tacks from a different level and bring them in. That's now fixed, but if you had tacks from an older save then youd still be running into the issue. Just drop the tacks and you're all set!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:33:26 pm »
Thanks for the info!  So, that kind of sounds like a bug.  If I die in the Canoe Trip level, and I restart the level I will have tacks left over.  Once I kill all the Greys, I will probably have extra tacks.  There is nothing that tells me to drop all tacks to complete the level.  Sounds like a bug.

What about my other questions regarding what benefit you get for completing all objectives in a level?  And my question about killing the snakes in The Farm level?  I can't for the life of me figure out how to kill them.  Am I just being dense?

Thanks again.  The more I play this game, the more I'm enjoying it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:19:27 pm »
Was on my phone before, missed the extra questions.

As an aside note - what bonus do you get for completing all goals in a level?  What use is more points?

Nothing extrinsic.  But going for high scores is kind of a staple of many video games, if you're into that sort of thing.  If you're not, you can safely ignore it.  If you like that sort of thing, this gives you a lot of interesting replay value.

Second aside note - I guess there are levels that you have to go back to in order to complete all goals?  I finished The Farm level, but I could not see any way to kill the snakes with only the tools you get in that level, and I could not figure out a way to lure the snake to a landmine.  I just get killed too fast.  So, again, is there a solution here, or do you need to come back later with different tools?

There aren't any levels where you're expected to go back.  In The Farm, if you're careful you can lead that snake in the barn onto the landmine that is near it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:31:38 pm »
Thanks again.  That's all I needed to know!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:56 am »
My pleasure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk