Author Topic: Basic Feedback  (Read 4575 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Basic Feedback
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 10:16:51 pm »
More basic feedback.

Shot and stunned grays are stunned indefinitely off-screen, not sure if this is intended. Shoot a gray go off screen, come back 5 minutes later, still stunned.

Icy Pine Barren -- easy. Introduced the match and water mechanic nicely.

Volcanoe Rock Path -- Died a couple of times to those bats. Worked out that you need to look at them. Jerk bat moved through the wall. Don't think they are supposed to be able to do that. Died lots. Quite enjoying the challenge of the level, though, although slightly on the frustrating side. Also not sure if I understand the bats properly yet, why do they sometimes die when they hit you, but usually not. Also thought I was being clever trapping the lower bats behind the wall, but they just go through it sometimes. Also, can't seem to keep two bats away from me by looking at them indefinitely, eventually they grind you down.
Hmmm maybe the bats are supposed to go through walls. Lots more tries. Nearly enjoying this but it's a little too frustrating. Seems like I've got to fluke a bat spontaneous death to have a chance. Not enough resources to actually kill the bats and the zombies. Are you supposed to have two lives here or something, that's what one of the inscriptions seems to hint, I'm not getting two.
Finally got all the grays, have no clue how to get across the lava to the portal... and a bat killed me. Quit game. Relieved that it was only a bonus level. Kind of like this level but needs a little tweaking I think. Bats are annoying but in a good Red Arremer from Ghouls and Ghosts way, but I can't quite deal with them. If you can take one bat down it's not so bad, but there's not enough resources for the level....move on to the mandatory levels I think.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 02:13:11 pm »
Rainy Ruins -- easy enough. Introduces the stick mechanic nicely.

That's weird, after exiting the Rainy Ruins you don't reappear in the boat, but reappear at the top north entrance exit.

Huh, weird. Is there supposed to be a bridge here or something (screenshot).

Right. Proper stuck in the Deadlands now. Can't find the other levels. Done 4 out of 7 levels (Icy Pine Barren, Not-so-Abandoned-Town, Rainy Industrial Site, Rainy Ruins ). Any help?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:20:24 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline Winge

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »
Do you have a save?  I don't remember the names of the missions well enough to tell you where the others are.  Given the number you've completed, I suspect that you missed an overworld area on accident (I've done that at least twice in my game  :-[).  I don't recognize the area in the picture you posted, although it does look like a bug.  It might also be a bonus level.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:45 pm »
Do you have a save?  I don't remember the names of the missions well enough to tell you where the others are.  Given the number you've completed, I suspect that you missed an overworld area on accident (I've done that at least twice in my game  :-[).  I don't recognize the area in the picture you posted, although it does look like a bug.  It might also be a bonus level.

Yep, here's the save. Thanks, Winge.

Edit: also, something weird. I tried to rename a copy of the save to stuck save, but when I did the new copy wouldn't be visible in the load game selection window.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:22:01 pm by Pepisolo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk