General Category > Shattered Haven

A 'ReBuilt' Thought...

<< < (2/3) > >>

x4000:
I agree that the character art is pretty terrible.  It's something that I feel like... hmm, I'm not going to go there.  Suffice it to say, it's not what I wanted, visually, when it comes to the individual sprites here.  In terms of actually having this be pixel art and whatnot, I thought that was the complaint, and that I like.  But the specific pixels do bug me, yeah. ;)

For the shadow man and squid being larger, that would have been great, but isn't something that the engine really supports.  It was only the third full graphical game engine I had coded from scratch (this was back in 2008), so there were a lot of things I did in ways that I later found limiting.

nas1m:

--- Quote from: x4000 on July 08, 2014, 08:42:36 am ---In terms of actually having this be pixel art and whatnot, I thought that was the complaint, and that I like.  But the specific pixels do bug me, yeah. ;)

--- End quote ---
That's exactly how I feel, I'm definitely more than okay with this title being pixel art - just to be clear ;).

I guess you did deliberately over-read my question regarding achievements above :)? Not that I can blame you for it given the likely amount of rveenue the respective dev time will likely generate :-\...

Ah well. Good to see the old titles getting some love, anyway. I appreciate it!

OT: Any news on when we may expect a glimpse at the TLF expansion?

x4000:
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to skip the achievements question. It's something that is kind of out of scope at the moment, honestly.

For the TLF expansion, that's going to be very late July or early August when we start the beta for that. Aiming for a September 2.0. That schedule has been pushed back so that I could work on the Linux ports and our site and so on, since we have some breathing room right now.

nas1m:

--- Quote from: x4000 on July 08, 2014, 11:39:14 am ---Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to skip the achievements question. It's something that is kind of out of scope at the moment, honestly.

--- End quote ---
Ah, pity. I was hoping for just one "act completed" for each act location to measure game progress in achievements, but well - maybe one day ;).

--- Quote from: x4000 on July 08, 2014, 11:39:14 am ---For the TLF expansion, that's going to be very late July or early August when we start the beta for that. Aiming for a September 2.0. That schedule has been pushed back so that I could work on the Linux ports and our site and so on, since we have some breathing room right now.

--- End quote ---
Okay, cool. You might want to make a forum topic or blog post regarding this, though, since the last announcement is still out there as the latest word (at least as far as I am aware)...

x4000:
I believe that I did mention it, but I'm not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version