Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
So, used to own AI Wars. Long time ago, can't remember exactly how far back. Game was fun, generally performed flawlessly until I tried a 10-difficulty Spire Campaign (think I have an account around here complaining about performance problems with that actually  8)). But anyway I bought the whole pack off Steam to get everything up to date and try AI Wars again, and two pictures are worth a thousand words:

Just sitting there paused the game balloons to 2.6 GB before becoming non-responsive, at which point even killing the process leaves my entire PC unusable for about a minute while something is being cleaned up. Nothing in the options seems to help. Have tried updating drivers, turning off AV, etc, still no help. Game just wants ~8 MB more RAM every second.

Oddly, turning off all minor factions, lowering ship cap and minimizing ship complexity makes the problem worse. With that the game seems to devour ~12 MB per second. Actually playing the game (unpausing) lowers the rate at which it wants memory significantly, enough to get a short amount of game time in before things go bad, but any pausing goes right back to MUST CONSUME MEMORY mode.

System specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
i7 2600 @ 3.4 Ghz
8 GB RAM
Radeon RX 480
AI War II - Modding / Re: Modding icons?
« Last post by Dominus Arbitrationis on Yesterday at 03:50:46 PM »
Is it possible to mod the icons?

Go to [SteamInstallDirectory]/AIWar2/GameData/ExternalIcons/. That should be all of them, with instructions on how to mod them.
Are there any advanced graphics settings I can try? Is there a log file anywhere?

Log files are located under [SteamInstallDirectory]/AIWar2/PlayerData/

I'm not sure what settings would work best, but have you tried turning all the advanced features off, and turning them on one by one?
AI War II / Distorted / Pixelish graphics on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04)
« Last post by Newinger on Yesterday at 01:52:18 PM »
Hi,

(I posted that on the Steam forum, too, but maybe here is a better place).

I'm using the Linux version on Ubuntu 18.04 with NVidia GTX 960 (4 GB) and 32 GB RAM, official Nvidia drivers version 396.54. OpenGL version is 4.6.0.

I get very pixelated backgrounds and black areas on the 3D objects. Menus, icons and weapon effects are displayed fine.

Here's a screenshot showing the problem:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rTMEN5jeH4LHvNvlGNte9se6GvNZhCrm

I'm playing lots of games on it using Steam (both native and Windows games using Steam Play) with much bigger graphics requirements than AI War 2, so I'm a bit puzzled about that.

Are there any advanced graphics settings I can try? Is there a log file anywhere?

Thanks!
Sorry this post is a bit late, I posted this on Steam but completely forgot to post it here until now...doh! :)

Hey everybody

In celebration of Arcen launching AI War 2 into Early Access  today, we're also pushing the next update of Starward Rogue: The Unlock Overhaul! There are also huge discounts on all Arcen's games for the first week of AI War 2's launch.

This is a free content update that adds 87 new items to the game: 62 new unlockable items for the base game, a further 16 unlockable items for the AuGMENTED expansion, and 9 new items going straight into the base game. The unlockable items are awarded after completing achievements. For any already completed achievements, the rewards will automatically be unlocked.

Back when Starward Rogue launched around 2 and a half years ago we weren't able to get everything into the game that we originally wanted. One of those things was reward unlocks. But with this update, that has now changed! Now for nearly every achievement in the game you will unlock an item reward upon completing it. The only two achievements that don't have unlockable items are Unlock All Items and Find All Items since we didn't want to gate any items behind such extremely difficult achievements. The types of rewards are wide ranging from simple upgrades to new familiars to crazy boss themed weapons. Unlock items such as Flash Sale, Red Scorpion, Kamikaze Minibot, Ripple Laser, Durandal, Chrono Claw, the Commando Module and many many more!

There are, of course, also the usual tweaks and bug fixes. Here is the whole changelog. This update has been many months in the making and it's something the team is very proud of. We hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your support everyone! :)

Oh, just in case anybody is experiencing problems with the build or just wants to go back to the previous version for whatever reason, you can revert that by right-clicking Starward Rogue in your library list, selecting properties and then opting into the beta version called 2_004.
AI War II - Interface / Mouse behavior with Q-rotate seems odd.
« Last post by kmunoz on October 18, 2018, 10:59:18 PM »
It feels a bit weird that the mouse cursor still moves when you hold Q to rotate. One of the side effects of this is that I can't do a full 360 degree rotation without stopping, moving the mouse to the center of the screen, and starting again. I like doing quick spins of the camera and with the mouse cursor moving I can't do that (since the spin halts when the cursor reaches the screen edge).
AI War II - Interface / Graphical bug with Attack-Move?
« Last post by kmunoz on October 18, 2018, 10:57:55 PM »
The attack-move button doesn't behave like the others. The first time you click it, it changes color, but if you click it again, it doesn't change back to its "off" state color.
AI War II - Modding / Modding icons?
« Last post by kmunoz on October 18, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »
Is it possible to mod the icons? And if so, is anyone planning to do so?

I find the icons incredibly off-putting. They look like they belong in a Teletubbies game.
AI War II - Ideas For Maybe Later / Ships Are too flat
« Last post by NegaTrump on October 18, 2018, 07:06:26 PM »
Ships should be at different heights or at least be able to move at various heights to give illusion of depth. Currently all ships have one flat plane they sit on, It makes them seem very dull.
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.804 Released! "Hack Me Quickly"
« Last post by Sizzle on October 18, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
Just to point out a video where the issues with group selection are rather evident:

Wanderbots:  (Part 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81tlt1OMljM

Unfortunately, I am not certain *I* can follow what is happening to give such issues, but you can tell he is massively confused with unit behavior throughout the video.  I've not had as much time to play the game as I would like recently, so if anyone has a spare 30 minutes, that can maybe explain the issues he's having, it would inform Chris's decisions on how unit/group selection can be improved.

Parts 1&2 also have some good nuggets to pull from them, but this seems the clearest / most egregious as to group management issues that might be causing confusion.

Edit:  looks like this was cut from a longer stream (e.g. from Twitch.tv) so even though it was released recently, he's not running a current build in the video.   Still has probably good feedback.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10