Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Starward Rogue Alpha Discussion / Re: Augmented Alpha feedback
« Last post by Logorouge on Today at 06:20:58 PM »
New weekend means new batch of feedback. Here goes:

Rusty Rocketshot (main): That thing is loud.
Shrinker (energy weapon): Energy cost is too high. 1.6sec max duration with default energy reserve (about 4 dodges if timed right) is too low.
Smoke Bombs (launcher): How do you destroy a generator with them?
Crimson Death Sniper: Miss penalty -2HP -> -1HP (too harsh to be worth the risk at the moment)
Double Missile Module + Crits + White Blocks (walkable bullet blockers) = FPS disaster
D18_WandererTrap is a good room to test it.

Cataclysm Launcher (Warhog) with RocketMan is hilarious.
Keyprentice perk (+5 keys version): Unused except for Roulette. Could be useful early game when Lady Luck doesn't want to give you any key.
Warhog sentries can die from friendly missiles explosion. Intended?
ChromaticArray (energy weapon): Shots sometimes stay around. -see "Chromatic Stay" image-
Bull Charge drone: Can break bombables blocks?
Zeph's Mech: Let's talk about the "Need for Speed" power. -See related video- I don't think the effect should stack or even increase with additional perks. The duration increase alone is already a major boon. In other news, it crushed Terminus in 8 seconds flat.

X1_Craig_MonoStreamGauntlet room: Adding some cover would be highly appreciated.
X1_Craig_SecretStash room: Missing travelporter
BGS_WatchYourStep room: On golden floors, enemies tend to autokill themselves.

Mirror V2: Last Phase moves forward until it hits the wall. Then what? Is it intended?
Circuit Rondure boss: Big sphere got stuck on center corner wall a few times.
Eyelet enemies: They don't do much. No movement and rare, easy to dodge attacks. I suggest making them inactive until they get a line of sight and are at a reasonable range, then start firing waves at rapid pace.
Repose enemies: Toned down Pearls? They need their own pattern or might as well be replaced by actual Pearls.

Melee weapons: Really fun. But does the lunge effect need to be so strong? It's problematic against bosses and most bullet-heavy situations.
Got UnlockAllItems achievement out of nowhere.

All intended top tier weapons?:
Poison Pistol (main)
Electro Blaster (main)
Armada (energy weapon)
Behemoth's Fist (energy weapon)
Firebug Flame Hose (energy weapon)
Chromatic Array (energy weapon)

Once you grab those, there's little reason to switch out apart for novelty and they often mark the beginning of steamrolling (maybe not so much for Poison Pistol). If they're supposed to be late floors rares that's fine, otherwise all of them will need a good nerf.

And done. Thanks for reading.
AI War Classic - Strategy Discussion / Re: Minimizing Reinforcements
« Last post by Singrana on Today at 01:01:33 PM »
regarding that last part (and tbh i dont KNOW this, as there is information both ways on the forums) (remember the game changed over time so some of those may be wrong / correct for THEIR TIME but may be the same or different NOW) i recomend you enable reinforcement logging and read thru the file, for one of the reinforcement events, from reading it myself it looks like most guardposts (not wormhole GP tho) counts 10% as much as the command station for the amount of "budget" that one star system gets if it is selected for a reinforcement event so this sugests that neutering DOES matter for buildup over time (if you beachead the system however 100%->200% reinforcement size should not matter much), remember these individual reinforcement waves are SMALL since they are very frequent, but for systems you clear rarely i guess neutering matters if the above find is correct (the wiki is no more trustworthy than the forums btw i recomend site:arcengames.com in google as an "extended" wiki)

remember that the reinforcement points are used to TRIGGER a budget income, and then a buy from that budget to turn into ships, it is THAT income that varies based on guardposts. so hypothetically a 10 GP system will get twice as much budget per reinforcement point spent on it IF IT IS SELECTED, no effect if the neutered system next door is selected instead, the budget is used to buy ships as long as it is positve, and it can go negative, but then it will stop buying new ships, and the balance is saved for next time it is selected and it then "pays off" any debt it has before it can purchase more ships so in the long run everything evens out
AI War II - Modding / Re: A couple questions for Keith
« Last post by BadgerBadger on Today at 12:36:23 PM »
It's my understanding that you shouldn't try to persist List<GameEntity> across different SimSteps. This leads to a bit of difficulty if I want to coordinate ships for long periods of times. Lets say I want to build several fleets on different planets, then send them out in a coordinate fashion to strike the Ark. I'm having trouble trying to figure out an efficient way of doing this that doesn't involve building a state machine in my Special Faction. But if I could put some sort of tag on GameEntities then that would simplify things tremendously. I'd be able to do things like "In the LongRangePlanning, find all the Entities tagged with 'Fleet 1' and do something, then find all the Entities tagged 'Fleet 2' and do something else".

Is there a way I can get some sort of extra value added to a GameEntity (public int modderField1) or something?
« Last post by Pepisolo on Today at 12:33:23 PM »
The on use item that summons meteors seemed to be kinda ineffective when I used it in a boss fight.

That might be ...ok, I think. As long as it's useful in regular rooms that should be fine. There are already quite a few items that are more effective on bosses versus regular rooms and vice versa. It kind of helps mix up whether you try to use those items up or whether you save them for bosses.

The tank launcher seems to be pretty overpowered on non boss rooms. Maybe limit the number of shots the tanks can shoot.

I experimented with this a bit, I think that just increasing the energy cost a bit seems to do the trick. You can probably put out too many tanks at the moment.

The sound effect on the paladins main weapon is kinda annoying having both the sounds for the swing and the flying blade. Might just be me though.

Yeah, I've toned that down a lot for the next build.

The new visuals seem like a huge improvement so far.

Yeah, the aesthetics are a lot better, mostly thanks to Goldenwolf who has a bit of knack for that type of thing.

Nice stuff! Seriously. The grenade launcher that shoots over walls? Love it. Also probably OP as hell, but I love it. The animation effect on it is spot-on too.

Cool! I'm glad you're liking the new stuff. Yeah, that launcher is Goldenwolf's work. It's kind of like the launcher in SMASH TV, I think.

The module that has secondary side lasers that bounce off walls: the SFX on that could probably be toned down a bit (slightly lower pitch, lower volume), not a lot, but it did irritate me after having to listen to it a lot.

Yeah, I've made a few tweaks to that sound. It should be a lot better in the next build.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
« Last post by Draco18s on Today at 11:12:29 AM »
In trying to locate something else the other day, I did do a couple of runs.

Ran into some of the new weapons / modules that add weapony effects.

Nice stuff! Seriously. The grenade launcher that shoots over walls? Love it. Also probably OP as hell, but I love it. The animation effect on it is spot-on too.

The module that has secondary side lasers that bounce off walls: the SFX on that could probably be toned down a bit (slightly lower pitch, lower volume), not a lot, but it did irritate me after having to listen to it a lot.

Secondary homing missiles that shoot out backwards weren't as effective (I had to make a choice!) but I still liked it as an option.
« Last post by Ventifer on Yesterday at 11:20:50 PM »
Some stuff I've noticed so far.

The on use item that summons meteors seemed to be kinda ineffective when I used it in a boss fight.

The tank launcher seems to be pretty overpowered on non boss rooms. Maybe limit the number of shots the tanks can shoot.

The sound effect on the paladins main weapon is kinda annoying having both the sounds for the swing and the flying blade. Might just be me though.

Only new boss I've ran into so far was circuit rogue which was already mentioned that his attack pattern seemed somewhat simple.

The new visuals seem like a huge improvement so far.

AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.508 Released! "The Adornment Of The Buttons"
« Last post by BadgerBadger on Yesterday at 09:47:02 PM »
Hey Keith, as a heads up, my crash is in Window_InGameEntityTooltyiPanel.cs, in UpdateContent when we run
                    markLevel = typeData.Balance_MarkLevel.Ordinal;

a wormhole has no Balance_MarkLevel so we're dereferencing a null.

For anyone else who wants to mess with things pre-5.12, replace the mentioned line with the following to stop the crashing. The result does not look pretty but it fails to crash:

Code: [Select]
                  int markLevel;
                  if(typeData.Balance_MarkLevel == null)
                      markLevel = 0;
                  else
                    markLevel = typeData.Balance_MarkLevel.Ordinal;

I have added a poll here to see if we get more people to weigh in.
« Last post by BadgerBadger on Yesterday at 01:35:06 PM »
Sounds good.

Incidentally, I played a quick Maze the other day on .510 and wanted to share my experience. I took the 5 planets nearest to me so I could get enough fuel to build a good fleet, which put me at about 110 AIP. Once I had those planets though the next planets on either side of my chunk of the Maze were Mark IV. I sent in a multi-flagship fleet with my ark that used all my fuel (so lots of starships and fleetships with tech upgrades) and got annihilated. Not even close. Also in this game I was unable to capture an ARS and a Golem on one of my planets (see Mantis 19209 for some save games to reproduce the issue).

Also planetary cloakers are really hard to deal with. I felt like I needed o send in my ark and let the AI ships shoot at my fleet until I eventually wore down their cloaks. Maybe I was just doing it wrong?

Aside from the mentioned mantis bug and the fact that I couldn't beat a Mark IV planet to save my life, the game was actually feeling pretty solid. That's awesome!
« Last post by keith.lamothe on Yesterday at 12:42:14 PM »
Any chance of getting those issues (the wormhole crash and the inability to compile the external code)  fixed for the weekend?
Chris fixed the external code thing just now and did a release, along with updating the unity version because of a recently discovered security vulnerability. So my development environment is down for a few hours while I update the editor and reimport all the projects. If I can get the wormhole thing after that in time for another release today I'll do so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10