Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Arcen #loveindies Giveaway!
« Last post by x4000 on Today at 02:47:07 PM »
We're taking part in #loveindies week!

If you've enjoyed any of our games and want to give a brief impression, or even just a thumbs up, that's a really big deal to us. If you feel the burning need to go in there and warn folks off of one of our titles, that's of course perfectly acceptable as well. ;) Our catalog is here.

As part of this celebration, we're giving away ten (10) copies each of AI War 2 and Stars Beyond Reach (20 overall winners). To enter, all you have to do is fill out this form -- you don't have to actually leave any reviews.

We'll be running this contest through the end of Friday, July 20th, and picking winners on Monday, July 23rd. Thank you so much for your support!
AI War Classic - Technical Support / Re: Steam: Loss of Expansion
« Last post by Freyskol on Yesterday at 11:19:46 PM »
my apologies for necroing a thread almost two and a half years old, but i did find the email containing my purchase details of the ancient shadows expansion.

i still have not remedied this issue, and i'd like to get it fixed.

how would i go about delivering the proof of purchase? by screenshot in pm or something?
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.750 Released! "My Friend The Marauder"
« Last post by x4000 on July 14, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »
Glad you like. :)

It's funny what a difference that makes to the battlefield.  Seeing a large structure like the home command station start poking out of it as it's glowing and taking hits and shrinking is pretty epic, actually.
« Last post by Draco18s on July 14, 2018, 06:40:36 PM »

HNNNG! DAT SHIELD.
??🧡💛💚💙💜

(Edit: the "heart" emoji converts to "??" while "orange heart" is too new and displays as a box, but yellow, green, blue, and purple are fine??)
« Last post by Ovalcircle1 on July 13, 2018, 10:42:14 PM »
Wow. That was a fast update.
AI War II / AI War 2 v0.750 Released! "My Friend The Marauder"
« Last post by x4000 on July 13, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
Release notes here.

Lots of happiness in this one!  So first, a picture for you:

I have absolutely hated how the forcefields looked in this game ever since the start.  I've kept working on new versions, but never was happy with them.  Thanks to work by Oranged Keys, we've finally got a version that makes me go ooh!  As a good forcefield should.

Anyhow, that's just a minor cosmetic thing.  What really matters in this release?

• First off, BearPerson took a dive into our code and fixed the multithreading issue, as well as providing a lot of feedback on what our actual problem is.  That provides an excellent point for Keith to take the baton on this one.  Super huge thanks to BearPerson.

• Secondly, Badger has made it so that Marauders, which we talked about the coolness of last release, can now be friendly to you, and there can be multiple factions of them.  In short, your galaxy can get darn busy with the goings and comings of these ruffians, which is super cool.

• On my end, I finally finished the framework for DrawMeshInstanced, and have gotten that applied to shots, which now take only a fraction of the time they used to.  This not only uses a more efficient way of drawing, but it also uses SIMD off your processor for more efficient math tracking the position updates for your shots.  Ships are coming soon on this front!  Battles will run a lot faster after that, and they already run a bit faster (shots were already way more efficient than ships even prior to now).

• And then there is just a huge laundry list of other things.  Some of the highlights:

• Randomness should be more random.

• Cross Planet Attacks should actually work now.

• Reprisal waves don't happen so early in the game now, and got a nerf in general.

• A few parts of the GUI are now more efficient.

• Dark Spire are now fixed up quite a bit and probably work, but feedback is desired.

Not bad for two days.

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Enjoy!

Chris
AI War II / Re: Dumb Request
« Last post by x4000 on July 13, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
The GUI is one of the trickier things, and there just isn't room on the left while still having the tooltips over there and also having room for the wave warnings, etc.  I wish this was easier, but because people can play in any aspect ratio and resolution, the math actually gets pretty hard to do efficiently while still keeping the parts of the GUI at a same-relative-size view for you and not having a cascade of resizes of every element in them.  We've done our best, but I'm still not super happy with the level of flexibility we have there.

Please don't mistake -- GUI requests are absolutely welcome, and we can make various things an option, or make changes of course.  But this is one where there are elements above and below and over top of where the build menu would go, and I just can't fit that there.  I'm sorry!
AI War II / Dumb Request
« Last post by narb79 on July 12, 2018, 06:48:03 PM »
I spend quite a bit jumping back and forth between AIWC and AI 2.

It is a dumb ask to have an option to have build menu toggle on left or right?

I just cant get used to things being on the right, my bad eyesight might be playing a role here too
1. You just have to kill them on their planet. Not sure why they're just sitting there. Pretty sure it's just AI ships that are waiting to attack. Waves should attack you no matter how strong your defenses are. Your defenses are for mostly for defending against waves. You have to go on the offensive to clear out any AI ships waiting on the other side of the wormhole.

3. Warp gates only have a range of one planet. I'll try to make an example using text.  Your planet is A. AI planets are B, C, and D.

A-B-C
                                                                                                                              |
                                                                                                                              D

If you destroy the warp gate on B, they can't launch waves from there. But they can launch waves from D, since they have Warp gate there. The AI can't launch waves at you from Planet C because it is two planets away from A. The range of a Warp gate is one planet. There are two cases of the AI launching waves. One is the regular warp gate Waves. The ships spawn from the warp gate and attack your planet. The other happens when you destroy every warp gate that is next to your planets. the AI can then spawn waves on any of your planets even ones all the way by your home-world, where they then come in from outside the border.
for point 3) ...

maybe iam explained it wrong - maybe its not about warp gates what i mean - but sorry dont have the knowledge about all the mechanics ...

what i really meant for is there are several attack at my planets in my inner sphere at planets who dont have connections to enemy terretory ... at this planets i get warning that a wave will appear - these fleets spawn than at my inner planets at the outside border of the map ...
--- i was thinking this are warp gates - but now i think i was wrong ... so what the hell is triggering this attack spawn in my planets who that they spawn anywhere at the border of the map ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10