Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Starward Rogue Mods & Modding / Logo's Roomatorium
« Last post by Logorouge on Today at 12:03:22 PM »
You know the saying, "A room a day keeps the doctor away."
Unfortunately I needed to see my doctor last week so I only have those ten rooms:

New rooms:
Standard/X1_Logo_ZForest1
StandardEW/X1_Logo_SpikyWay
SquareNE/X1_Logo_DryFountain
SquareSW/X1_Logo_FairyFountain
SmallNS/X1_Logo_Shootout
TunnelWide/X1_Logo_CorridorShooter
QuadEE/X1_Logo_TravelporterPath1
QuadWW/X1_Logo_FoxHunt
QuadSS/X1_Logo_FieldAdvantage
FatVertical/X1_Logo_ZForest2

All were made with the expansion and its new enemies in mind. My main concerns are the performance of FoxHunt on victory and the enemy density in general. All feedback is welcome.

Extract the files into your Starward Rogue folder and merge the folders. A test chamber has been included for easy access to the new rooms using the "Mods" menu ingame. Open the test chamber with a text editor to switch the room to test.

That's all for now!
Starward Rogue Alpha Discussion / Re: Augmented Alpha feedback
« Last post by Pepisolo on Today at 11:29:20 AM »
1) One thing I've noticed is that all the new mechs have exactly 100 energy which seems a bit boring. Any thoughts on tweaks for these numbers for each mech, to vary things up a bit.
Here's my take on it:

In its current form, Roulette could start with less energy. Anything between 60 and 90 would be fine. Levelups are generous enough to compensate anyway.
Zephyr already has a strong start, so a slightly lower starting energy reserve shouldn't cause problem. 80 maybe?
For the Warhog, I think 50 and 100 would be the only values that wouldn't feel weird due to its secondary.
The Paladin's shield eats away energy so fast, I'm not sure it should have less than the standard value.
And finally, Penumbra kinda needs its full offensive potential to counter-balance the super harsh start (defense-wise).

Sounds good. Adjusted the Roulette to 60 and the Zephyr to 80. The others I've left at 100. We could boost the Penumbra to 120 or something, though, I guess. I'm also considering whether having the Zephyr's energy capacity also drain over time might work.
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.528 Released! "De-uglification, Part 1"
« Last post by Aklyon on Yesterday at 11:33:55 PM »
We're getting there!
« Last post by BadgerBadger on Yesterday at 10:30:30 PM »
A few comments on the Add New Faction button. To use "Add new faction" properly option right now I click "Add new faction" then get an apparently random New Faction. I then click on that new faction and set it to the one I want. This is two different clicks Why don't we have the "Add new faction" be the dropdown, and then places the one you want (the one you want should also be a dropdown in case you want to change it though). Also see https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/view.php?id=19257

Edit: You can have multiple fields for the same faction, which I think looks bad. If I say "add new faction" twice I get two faction dropdowns. I can then click on each one and set them to be the same thing.
« Last post by Logorouge on Yesterday at 04:52:57 PM »
1) One thing I've noticed is that all the new mechs have exactly 100 energy which seems a bit boring. Any thoughts on tweaks for these numbers for each mech, to vary things up a bit.
Here's my take on it:

In its current form, Roulette could start with less energy. Anything between 60 and 90 would be fine. Levelups are generous enough to compensate anyway.
Zephyr already has a strong start, so a slightly lower starting energy reserve shouldn't cause problem. 80 maybe?
For the Warhog, I think 50 and 100 would be the only values that wouldn't feel weird due to its secondary.
The Paladin's shield eats away energy so fast, I'm not sure it should have less than the standard value.
And finally, Penumbra kinda needs its full offensive potential to counter-balance the super harsh start (defense-wise).
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 04:02:43 PM »
Is mouse movement still smooth for you? For me things become super laggy, making perk selection a bit awkward.
It's still smooth for me, not perfectly so, but if you haven't mentioned it I doubt I would have noticed. I ended up using Fraps to be sure.

Hmmm, interesting. Then maybe it's not quite as severe a problem as I thought. For me it's very very noticeable. Maybe it's something that we just need to keep an eye on then.
« Last post by Logorouge on Yesterday at 03:43:25 PM »
Is mouse movement still smooth for you? For me things become super laggy, making perk selection a bit awkward.
It's still smooth for me, not perfectly so, but if you haven't mentioned it I doubt I would have noticed. I ended up using Fraps to be sure.
« Last post by TheVampire100 on Yesterday at 03:39:25 PM »
That's already an improvement, looks alot tidier and easier to navigate but there is still a long way to go.
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 03:28:25 PM »
I never noticed before, but there is definitely a significant fps hit while on the levelup screen for Roulette. For me it's about a 10fps loss, but it varies quite a bit. "Unstable prototype" was more fitting than I intended...

I took a little bit to think about it: Although I'm still pissed I never even noticed this problem all this time and it's certainly not ideal in principle, isn't it the most harmless performance problem possible? Considering it's limited to an out-of-combat only screen, while the game is reduced to clicking one of three big buttons, the gameplay impact of that issue is pretty close to non-existent. On the other hand, using your solution as an example (which is also the only one I could think of), diminishing the number of perks with variants would greatly reduce the probability of getting HP/Energy/Missiles at levelup and cause the increased probability of getting the other perks. I can guarantee the gameplay impact of that would be an overall more miserable experience for the player.

It is quite harmless but also very noticeable for me.  However, maybe that's just a quirk of my pc setup. If so, then maybe we can get away with the performance hit. More feedback from more users on how noticeable the issue is would be useful.

Of course, I'm looking at the problem from a strictly gameplay perspective while trying to protect the core of my mech, which might not be the proper way to do this. sigh

Yeah, I'm thinking that reducing the amount of variants should be a last resort type solution.
AI War II / AI War 2 v0.528 Released! "De-uglification, Part 1"
« Last post by keith.lamothe on Yesterday at 02:59:21 PM »
Release notes here!

Before this release, the GUI was really ugly. After this release, the GUI is still really ugly.

But now it's a lot better organized! :)

Main Menu Before:

Main Menu After:

Game Setup Menu Before:

Game Setup Menu After:

In-Game Display Before:

In-Game Display (note the top bar, especially) After:

More to come on other fronts, but wanted to get this out today :)

Enjoy!
Keith
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10