Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Starward Rogue / Re: AI War themed mech...?
« Last post by Logorouge on Today at 09:04:28 AM »
Ancient Tech Mech. Somethign along the line because AI War plays far back in the past or better said, Starward Rogue is so far in the future that a Mech from that time would be so old.
That's a good point. In that case, how about Relic Mech?
« Last post by tombik on Today at 08:25:31 AM »
I think just naming it "AI Mech" would make sense, if this is aimed for a promotional content for the release of AI War 2.
AI War II - Interface / Re: Research into RTS UI
« Last post by etheric42 on Today at 12:15:24 AM »
Ah, interesting.  I'm glad someone is working on Total Annihilation 3.  I still don't get why some games insist alternate between left mouse and right to input commands.  I mean seriously, why is move right click and attack move a+LEFT click.  Why is placing buildings left click and moving right click (not as bad as attack-move earlier, but still).  Seriously, make a button the "select things but don't really do things" button and another button the "seriously, go do this" button.

Also what is with having early campaign missions be a tutorial and then saying "you should overdrive your metal extractors, read the manual to know what we mean by that."

I did really like the click-drag to draw formations thing.  I did not like that I couldn't make my selections walk at the speed of my slowest unit selected.  I mean if it wants me to cover my rocketeers with machine gun fire to protect them against basic speed bots, then let me move my rocketeers at the speed of the machine gunners.  Also, when is a game going to let me see a unit's patrol waypoints and just let me drag them to move them around.

I also didn't like how I could assign a builder to a command group and then the units that it spawned weren't automatically part of that command group.  I thought that was the way it worked way back in TA.

Auto retreat is nice.  The game should tell me how to set a retreat location, but I assume it shows up in a later campaign mission.

Also interesting is the traditional build menu+hotkeys AND a radial build menu by holding right-click.  AoE metal extractor placing is also nice.

The feedback parts of the interface lean heavily on TA and SC.  I guess why fix what isn't broken.  I like being able to draw on the map, but I still feel a bit crowded in by the interface and I don't know how many units I've selected at one time (or that I own).  Whoever chose green as a default PC color on a grassy background was wrong, I often have a hard time picking out individual units and I often zoom out to icon land just to find things.

A lot of interesting things there to explore!  (Plus now I have some TA3 to keep me entertained in the evenings for awhile, Planetary Annihilation just didn't do it for me.)
« Last post by TheVampire100 on Yesterday at 10:57:27 PM »
Ancient Tech Mech. Somethign along the line because AI War plays far back in the past or better said, Starward Rogue is so far in the future that a Mech from that time would be so old.
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 09:42:01 PM »
What would we name an AI War mech? Any ideas?
That did the trick! I can actually create a new game now =)
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.702 Released! "Activating Mk1 Grinding Machine"
« Last post by Draco18s on Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM »
Do I need a specific application to open this? My finder seems to think so

It's just a text document. Open it in any raw text editing program (I don't know what Macs come with)
I found the file you referred to "/newsetting.dat" but I seem to lack the means to edit it in anyway (it appears a document file in my directory)

Do I need a specific application to open this? My finder seems to think so
Ah, that raises an important point I guess I never told you, Badger: once an InternalName has been present in a release build, we can never rename or remove it or it can break old saves. Unless it's from a type of record that's never serialized as part of a save.

Deprecation is handled through another flag/flags, though I don't recall the name right now.
This is the same as https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/view.php?id=19445. Your last selected MapType got deprecated (it is now available as a dropdown under Clusters instead of being a map type outright). Please try editing the ~/AIWar2/PlayerData/newsettings.dat and replacing the line
LastSetup_MapType="Asteroid"
with
LastSetup_MapType="Clusters"
and let me know if that works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10