Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A few points:

• Ordering units to move that have engine damage causes some unity errors
  • Shielded units pushing regular units around is really annoying, especially when they sit on your retreat wormhole and push you off it.  Lost an Ark this way.
  • Units also have a tendency to 'stick' when trying to go around a shield bubble.
  • I spawned a swarm of Eyebots corrupting the design.  This ended up being something that was unbeatable for me since there doesn't seem to be any way to decloak units when on offense?
  • I get a lot of icons that never seem to go away on the solar system maps.
  • Group names in the menu don't update and trying to rearrange the ones you start with gives some odd duplicates.
  • I don't like the difficulty selection being hidden away in a menu.  I think it's very non-obvious for new players.
Starward Rogue / Re: Tips on Paladin?
« Last post by Misery on Yesterday at 11:36:11 PM »
I love walking straight into patterns and laugh at the miserable attempts to kill me.

Anyone saying something like this always gives me the temptation to just make everything worse.
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 03:39:32 PM »
I think he would work better without a lunge. Actually, almost any weapon that moves the mech in a way can screw him up, but most weapons move it just backwards and even then just slightly.
The lunge on the other hand is a little... too much. Probably because it's on a melee weapon, so you are already really close to the enemy and the extra step might be enough to get you killed (or at least get you hit). If it wasn't for that, I would be fine with the design. But I'm curious what the change might bring.
The shield on the other hand is... kinda two sided in many ways. on one thing it's great if you time it rigth because it eats quite a lot of bullets. That you have to change your aim on the other hand is not so good. This is more relevant if you use a controller, with the mouse it's easier but you cannot change view and not shoot at the same time when you play with a controller.

I think the lunge will be either removed or toned down on that weapon. I can't actually test the Paladin Shield with a controller at the moment because my controller is broken. I've been meaning to order a new one for a while. Goldenwolf is working on the shield, so I'll see if he can test it with a joypad.

It's kinda awkward that the Missile Launcher is currently the only thing that is 100% reliable on the Paladin. The warhog has already the spot for the coolest Missile Launcher, so the Missile Launcher of the Paladin does not make me want him to play more.
The Warhoh on the other end is perfect in ever single aspect, I love this slow powerhouse. I love walking straight into patterns and laugh at the miserable attempts to kill me. ALthough the sprite is pretty big which might confuse players about the hitbox size.

The hitbox is a bit bigger on the Warhog. I think the size of the hitbox is scaled to the increased size of the mech.

just how much of an over haul is this? big enough that I should avoid giving him a ride in till he's over hauled for instance?.

Mainly just the main sword weapon is getting looked at. You can wait for the newer version if you want, it probably doesn't matter much either way. Maybe just ignore the sword weapon.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
« Last post by crazyroosterman on Yesterday at 03:06:42 PM »
I don't get the hang of him. it's mostly the little lunge he does with each attack, that kills it for me. It messes up my movement quite often and I have to keep myself from keeping the button pressed.
The shield also a little akward to use but I slightly get the hang of it. Just recently noticed that  it also can stun enemies.

Actually, the Paladin's main weapon is currently getting a bit of an overhaul. Maybe the shield too, I'm not sure. So, the Paladin will play a little differently in the next build. Hopefully a lot better.
just how much of an over haul is this? big enough that I should avoid giving him a ride in till he's over hauled for instance?.
righhhht so (I'm a bit tired right now sorry in advance if I don't explain this correctly) is the warthogs missile launcher meant to use all your missiles in every shot? if so it should probably be mentioned in the description of the mech it self.

edit just noticed the weapon descriptions in the menu....I don't remember this being there last I played was this introduced post release of the core game? or is my memory just bad?.
still think it would be sensible to mention the launchers unique property's in the selection screen though I feel it would save people some grief and it don't it would be difficult to do.

I'm not convinced by its combat worthiness(the launcher it self) either though I think id rather make a separate thread for that after I've put some real time in with it.
« Last post by TheVampire100 on Yesterday at 02:03:06 PM »
I think he would work better without a lunge. Actually, almost any weapon that moves the mech in a way can screw him up, but most weapons move it just backwards and even then just slightly.
The lunge on the other hand is a little... too much. Probably because it's on a melee weapon, so you are already really close to the enemy and the extra step might be enough to get you killed (or at least get you hit). If it wasn't for that, I would be fine with the design. But I'm curious what the change might bring.
The shield on the other hand is... kinda two sided in many ways. on one thing it's great if you time it rigth because it eats quite a lot of bullets. That you have to change your aim on the other hand is not so good. This is more relevant if you use a controller, with the mouse it's easier but you cannot change view and not shoot at the same time when you play with a controller.

It's kinda awkward that the Missile Launcher is currently the only thing that is 100% reliable on the Paladin. The warhog has already the spot for the coolest Missile Launcher, so the Missile Launcher of the Paladin does not make me want him to play more.
The Warhoh on the other end is perfect in ever single aspect, I love this slow powerhouse. I love walking straight into patterns and laugh at the miserable attempts to kill me. ALthough the sprite is pretty big which might confuse players about the hitbox size.
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 11:41:37 AM »
I don't get the hang of him. it's mostly the little lunge he does with each attack, that kills it for me. It messes up my movement quite often and I have to keep myself from keeping the button pressed.
The shield also a little akward to use but I slightly get the hang of it. Just recently noticed that  it also can stun enemies.

Actually, the Paladin's main weapon is currently getting a bit of an overhaul. Maybe the shield too, I'm not sure. So, the Paladin will play a little differently in the next build. Hopefully a lot better.
A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 / Re: Anyone Up for Charging for VWW 2?
« Last post by x4000 on Yesterday at 09:14:58 AM »
I really appreciate the sentiment! We definitely don't want to start charging people for things they already bought, though. :)
Bionic Dues / Re: Possible Bionic Dues Expansion
« Last post by x4000 on Yesterday at 09:13:53 AM »
The new expansion coming out for Starward Rogue is basically just what you describe. That said, that one is a lot easier to edit than Bionic Dues is. Right now I don't have the mental bandwidth, and we don't have the people interested in doing the work, for a Bionic expansion to be anytime soon. That said, I'd love to see it sometime in the future! Maybe we can do some form of revamp/remaster with a better name and more enticing visuals, etc. We'll see.
Starward Rogue / Tips on Paladin?
« Last post by TheVampire100 on Yesterday at 07:10:08 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10