Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Also, how's .522 coming?
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.521 Released! "Fuel/Power Rebalance and Custom XML Data"
« Last post by BadgerBadger on September 21, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »
For Keith.

I've been wishing we had actual tooltips for the resource bar at the top. This patch will provide really cursory tooltips to explain what the different resources are. You will need to redo this eventually, since the descriptions are very brief. But someone on the discord was complaining about the lack of this, so I figured having something is better than nothing. Just look for the HandleMouseover overrides (I have some other local modifications in the file that you probably want to ignore).
Code: [Select]
'ExternalConstants_1' has missing or empty comma-delimited list in attribute 'balance_planet_resource_multipliers'
Sorry, bug on my part that it still requires that even in a partial record. Fixed for next version.

As a workaround until that version is out, you can copy the balance_planet_resource_multipliers line from the main file into your nanocaust one.
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.521 Released! "Fuel/Power Rebalance and Custom XML Data"
« Last post by BadgerBadger on September 21, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
Okay, here's my new nanocaust external data xml file
(13:20:36) hostname:~/AIWar2/GameData/Configuration/ExternalConstants $ cat Nanocaust_Constants.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root
    is_partial_record="true"
    custom_int_nanocaust_timeForMarkIIUpgrade="900"
    custom_int_nanocaust_timeForMarkIIIUpgrade="7200"
    custom_int_nanocaust_timeForFirstFrenzy="120"
    custom_int_nanocaust_maxNanobotLifespan="500"
    custom_int_nanocaust_minNanobotLifespan="120"
    custom_int_nanocaust_minTimeBetweenWaves="180"
>
</root>

And now I see
9/21/2017 1:20:16 PM    Finished calling RunInitialSetup for Arcen.AIW2.External.InitialSetupForDLL from AIWarExternalCode
9/21/2017 1:20:18 PM    Errors in reading ExternalConstants
'ExternalConstants_1' has missing or empty comma-delimited list in attribute 'balance_planet_resource_multipliers'
9/21/2017 1:20:18 PM    Harmless Info: dll AIWarExternalVisualizationCode does not contain a IInitialSetupForDLL type. This is fine, but if you're the author of that dll and want it to run init-code, it ain't happening right now.

in my ArcenDebugLog.txt. Suggestions?
The Last Federation / Re: Few beginner questions
« Last post by steelwing on September 21, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »
I just realized that the space power under planet is exactly double the number on the racial grid. There may be some connection here, maybe they count double when defending, but could be just a coincidence ? About ground power, you might be right, but we'll not know till dev or someone that knows exactly responds.. Games like this really need a manual.
It's been a while, but if the planet in the screenshot is the race's homeworld, then their space power there may be doubled.  I remember that being a thing that I've seen before.  Keith/Chris, can one of you comment?
« Last post by OpT1mUs on September 21, 2017, 06:29:27 AM »
I just realized that the space power under planet is exactly double the number on the racial grid. There may be some connection here, maybe they count double when defending, but could be just a coincidence ? About ground power, you might be right, but we'll not know till dev or someone that knows exactly responds.. Games like this really need a manual.
AI War II / Re: Devourer! (WIP of model and painting.)
« Last post by Cyborg on September 20, 2017, 11:41:03 PM »
That is the most awesome devourer.
« Last post by WolfWhiteFire on September 20, 2017, 07:05:37 PM »
I understand what you are asking now, sorry I didn't realize what you were specifically referring to. They may have armadas in other places in space for the space power, the planet telling you the space power on the planet and the grid telling you the global space power. I guess the ground power must only mention ground power they have on ships or possibly other planets they may be invading, I never looked too much into that when I played the game. Not sure why the population number changes between them if it has one planet though, unless something happened between the two screenshots, perhaps a visual bug, since it appears that the only difference is one has a b for billion while the other has a m for million.
« Last post by OpT1mUs on September 20, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
Upper row of the numbers bellow the planet are its space and ground power, which are the same categories as in the racial grid, yet the numbers are different.
« Last post by WolfWhiteFire on September 20, 2017, 06:55:35 PM »
What is there to explain? The numbers are different because the one where you were looking at the planet has numbers mainly talking about the planet's welfare, the one where you are looking at the grid has numbers referring to the Race's power compared to other races. That is why the numbers are different. Sorry if I was mistaken in the belief that that would answer your question, sometimes what makes sense to an experienced player doesn't to someone new, and I forgot to account for that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10