Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Unrelated to anything. There was some discussion a while ago about getting voice alerts for things, and there was actually a video for Keith creating hooks for audio queues. Did the spoken-word audio stuff ever actually make it into the game? I don't think I've ever heard it.
AI War II - Kickstarter Reward Questions / Re: Steam Key "Pending"
« Last post by x4000 on Today at 09:58:00 AM »
Thanks!  I'm feeling better each day at this point, which is a relief. :)
Starward Rogue / Re: AuGMENTED Teaser video -- Miniboss Opticon
« Last post by steelwing on Today at 08:10:18 AM »
They're also not my fault, so I'm not the one to complain at if someone does get stuck. 

...............you mean....I don't get to blame Misery this time?  :'( :P
Off Topic / Re: XCOM 2
« Last post by M├ínagarmr on Today at 08:03:51 AM »
This new game you linked to also sounds very interesting.  I love the idea of these procedural monsters here, if they could pull that off well it could get very interesting.  I'm a bit suspicious of the bit where "OMG PRE-ORDER" seems to be 75% of that blasted site though.  Though I tend not to mind pre-order stuff when early access comes with it.  But that's generally the only exception.
Phoenix Point is *waaay* off though. They don't expect to be done even by 2018 if I remember correctly. So you might just wanna shove that into the "I'll check it when it's released" bucket.
Off Topic / Re: XCOM 2
« Last post by Misery on Today at 04:37:56 AM »
I'd forgotten this game existed.

After all the earlier conversation was over and done with and considered, I thought... okay, I'll pick it up, this might be pretty darned good.   Then I forgot about it.  I hate it when I do that.  Though, it's better than buying something and THEN forgetting about it.

Looking at this new expansion though, one thing stands out:  Holy freaking hell that is a PRICEY expansion.   Seriously, that's really expensive.  Not something that would stop me from getting it, but I'm usually suspicious of something where the price is somehow abnormally high.  Still I might go and pick the whole thing up.  As annoying as the first game could be, there was no denying the quality of it.  Aside from RNG overload at times the only true problem was that there was no way in hell my laptop could run it.

This new game you linked to also sounds very interesting.  I love the idea of these procedural monsters here, if they could pull that off well it could get very interesting.  I'm a bit suspicious of the bit where "OMG PRE-ORDER" seems to be 75% of that blasted site though.  Though I tend not to mind pre-order stuff when early access comes with it.  But that's generally the only exception.
« Last post by Misery on Today at 04:18:06 AM »
The minibosses in the expansion aren't as hard as they're going to initially look. They're the sort that's intimidating, but  not really too bad once you're actually fighting them without panicking.  I don't think anyone is going to get stuck on them.  For too long.

They're also not my fault, so I'm not the one to complain at if someone does get stuck. 

I'll have other things to kill everyone.

.....I just realized I forgot to finish up the last two enemies I was working on and send the bloody update in.  Ugh.  It's been a loooong week.
« Last post by Logorouge on Yesterday at 08:39:44 PM »
If it looks a bit crazy, just keep in mind that although the golden floors bring more dangers, they also bring more treasures with which to face said dangers.
I'm looking forward to fighting that miniboss with the updated HP. :)
« Last post by Pepisolo on Yesterday at 06:18:36 PM »
The mines stay a little too long in my opinion unless it's not that way in normal mode. Don't know what the differences gonna be.

I can't quite recall but I think the mine length is the same on all difficulties currently. I can tweak that duration easily. I'll probably wait for a little more feedback before making any changes, though. If you're going off the trailer then perhaps in game things might seem different.

Also note that that is a "Floor 1 start" White Gloss. No upgrades of any kind and whomever was playing still managed it by taking only 3 hits (one felt really avoidable to me).

With upgrades and better weapons the enemy will be a fair bit easier. I've actually upped the HP since that video was made because in game proper the boss was getting taken down too easily.
AI War II - Kickstarter Reward Questions / Re: Steam Key "Pending"
« Last post by Austneal on Yesterday at 05:39:05 PM »
Thank you and get well soon!
The place this would go is in PerSimStep, so I don't think I want something that expensive.

Here's what I'm trying to do. When the nanocaust has attacked a planet to conquer it (it can attack without wanting to conquer too), it checks whether the enemy forces on the planet is "Defeated" before it declares the planet conquered and builds a Nanocaust Construction Center. At the moment, my isPlanetConquered() function just checks the Strength of the human and AI forces on the planet and makes sure it's no greater than the Strength of the Warp Gate/Controller. This can cause the nanocaust forces on the planet sitting around for 5-10 minutes while wearing down the cloaking on a high-tier Guardian.

One option to improve this would be to check whether there are any cloaked ships and ignore them for the strength calculation. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to use the code you have, since the isPlanetConquered function only runs when a Nanocaust Conquest Fleet is fighting on a planet. But I'd like a better option. If I could get the construction center to build itself over the course of a few minutes (and I'd try to make sure that a building construction center would look tasty to the targeting algorithm) that might be preferable, but I haven't tried that yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10