Author Topic: Issue starting a game  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Stilgar

Issue starting a game
« on: October 31, 2017, 06:21:52 pm »
Not sure where to post this, but I cannot start a game. I am on the galaxy view with the game option and when I click "start game", it does a sound and then nothing. See Attached log. Also on startup, I got

<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:
 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

but it did not seems critical.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Issue starting a game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:25:48 pm »
Hey there --

Are there any other logs in the PlayerData folder?  It sounds like there is a crash happening, but it might be on a different thread and thus not logging to the main output log.  If that doesn't work, then can you show us what the settings are you have for the start game screen?  You might have some setting as blank, or a map seed specifically set, that is causing the issue and that we can reproduce.

Last note, if you can make these additions on mantis (see my sig), that would be appreciated.

Thank you!!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Stilgar

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »
There was no other logs but I restarted the game today and it is now working (I tried twice).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:58:26 pm »
Well, that's... good I guess.  I mean, I'm glad it's working, but I wish if it was not going to work that it would reliably not work. ;)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 03:02:41 pm »
Stilgar, try entering the Start Game menu and immediately clicking "Generate" before any other buttons. See if that recreates your problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk