Author Topic: Fun Ark Bug  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Zogheen

Fun Ark Bug
« on: February 27, 2017, 05:26:27 pm »
Start a new game. When you get to the map screen, click at least once (and hope that the gui doesn't die more than twice)(It really likes to die on your second click)(If you spam the button immediately it sometimes goes through), and then choose whichever map you would like.
Depending on how many times you clicked the change map button, you will get extra Arks at the start of the game. They are, however, waaaaaaaaaay bugged out and they are also uncontrollable. Also, if you have too many then the Ark that you can control wont produce any ships. Which pretty much means GG.
There are lots of other fun, wacky things about it, so have fun before they fix it! :D

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Fun Ark Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »
I have observed this as well. Maybe describe this in Mantis?

Offline bladeravinger

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »
Mantis 0018953 < already posted
When things go right, Dont call me.
When things go wrong, Dont call me.
When things go sideways, I'm your man, i probably caused it anyway.

Offline treyra

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:22:40 am »
I can confirm multiple arks at the start, and I also selected a different start system and then switched back to the default.

The extra arcs seems to be stacked on the "real" one, and I noticed it disappeared after 5-10 mins.

Offline RabidSanity

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:34:24 pm »
I am still able to reproduce this bug in version 0.102.  I checked mantis and 0018953 is marked as resolved.  Should I open a new bug or clone the resolved bug?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »
I am still able to reproduce this bug in version 0.102.  I checked mantis and 0018953 is marked as resolved.  Should I open a new bug or clone the resolved bug?

Create a new report.  Be sure to include your repro steps. 
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline RabidSanity

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:05:03 pm »
Done.  0018971 has been opened for this.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:30 pm »
Done.  0018971 has been opened for this.

Going to point out that this isn't the same as the previously mentioned bug.  This is akin to the multi-planet starts from Classic that would increase your caps per starting planet.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk