Author Topic: 0.102 changes to window and scrolling  (Read 4826 times)

Offline daktaklakpak

• Newbie Mark II
0.102 changes to window and scrolling
« on: March 01, 2017, 07:39:44 pm »
Trying out the new patch, the "can't resize by dragging window borders" is working.  It's also not letting me use the maximize button to fill the screen though.  Is it possible to let that work while also disabling dragging the borders?  I like having a nice big window when I'm playing, but shrink it down when I need to multitask (or read the wiki to figure out what the heck I'm doing!).

Is there a way to switch to fullscreen in game?  I'd be fine with toggling between the window and true fullscreen.

I'm finding the edge scrolling a little weird (I also found how to turn it off in the config file):  It continues to scroll when the cursor is outside the window, which I suppose is OK, but it also does it when the window doesn't have focus.  It's oddly disturbing to have my browser in the foreground, and still see the game scrolling around underneath it!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 0.102 changes to window and scrolling
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:12 am »
Trying out the new patch, the "can't resize by dragging window borders" is working.  It's also not letting me use the maximize button to fill the screen though.  Is it possible to let that work while also disabling dragging the borders?  I like having a nice big window when I'm playing, but shrink it down when I need to multitask (or read the wiki to figure out what the heck I'm doing!).

Unfortunately, unity doesn't support this.  Alt+Tab on windows might work, I'm not sure.  There is a way to change this in settings, though.  Unfortunately, at this early stage that's just in the settings file, not in the actual game itself.

Is there a way to switch to fullscreen in game?  I'd be fine with toggling between the window and true fullscreen.

The fullscreen the game uses is actually bordered windowless anyhow, but right now there's not a way to do that in-game.  Just the settings file.  Coming soon!

I'm finding the edge scrolling a little weird (I also found how to turn it off in the config file):  It continues to scroll when the cursor is outside the window, which I suppose is OK, but it also does it when the window doesn't have focus.  It's oddly disturbing to have my browser in the foreground, and still see the game scrolling around underneath it!

Unless something has changed quietly in a recent version of unity, we don't have a way of determining if you've got focus on the window or not.  It's pretty irritating to say the least.  Personally I'm not a fan of edge scrolling for this alone, in many respects.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline daktaklakpak

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:29:57 pm »
Quote from: daktaklakpak on Yesterday at 07:39:44 PM

Unless something has changed quietly in a recent version of unity, we don't have a way of determining if you've got focus on the window or not.  It's pretty irritating to say the least.  Personally I'm not a fan of edge scrolling for this alone, in many respects.

That probably also explains why tooltips and the like pop up even when the game element is behind another window.

It looks like Unity 5.5 has (maybe just added?) OnApplicationFocus(bool) which might take care of it:  https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationFocus.html

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 04:27:20 pm »
Good point, please see my notes on the new mantis ticket I made here: https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/view.php?id=18989

TLDR: my recollection is hazy.  ;D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »
Yup, Keith got it. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk