Author Topic: What time are you presenting at E3?  (Read 10747 times)

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
What time are you presenting at E3?
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:42:10 pm »
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: What time are you presenting at E3?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:48 pm »
I wish, eh? :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:27:33 pm »
Wouldn't that be nice?  It'd be an improvement over whatever the heck is happening there, that's for sure.

I haven't watched any of E3 so far, but I can only assume it's somehow an embarrassment.  With added lootboxes.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:09:28 am »
I haven't watched any of E3 so far, but I can only assume it's somehow an embarrassment.  With added lootboxes.

A reviewer I semi-follow has these (averaged) scores:

Nintendo's E3 2018: 9.1/10 (4 hours ago)
Sony's E3 2018: 9.2/10    (an hour ago)
Ubisoft's E3 2018: 8.9/10    (6 hours ago)
Square Enix's E3 2018: 2.5/10    (10 hours ago)
Bethesda's E3 2018: 7.8/10    (14 hours ago)
Microsoft's E3 2018: 9.3/10    (a day ago)

Square Enix is rated so low because 4 of the games they showed off had already been shown yesterday at the Microsoft presentation. And in at least one case, the same trailer was recut shorter, so it actually showed off even less than what MS had shown off. The remaining 5 were rated as 5/10 because "It's a thing that exists and it's a new IP, I think? I mean, we know literally nothing about it aside from it being something that exists and its name. Neutral response."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:38:29 pm by Draco18s »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 11:04:38 am »
I thought that Death Stranding, Just Cause 4, CyberPunk 2077, and... one other that I can't recall... all looked fantastic.  The Last of Us 2 looks interesting, though I'd need to play the first one first.  I've missed a lot by not having a PS4, but honestly I still don't want a PS4.  I just want them to port those ones to PC. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:44:04 pm »
E3 has actually presented really decent games so far. Cyberpunk 2077 might be my favourite.
Or maybe the Skyrim Very Special Edition that works on Alexa/Amazon Echo.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
Oh my god that was the best thing ever. Anyone who hasn't seen the announcement video for SVSE should watch that immediately. It's hilarious.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »
I thought that Death Stranding, Just Cause 4, CyberPunk 2077, and... one other that I can't recall... all looked fantastic.  The Last of Us 2 looks interesting, though I'd need to play the first one first.  I've missed a lot by not having a PS4, but honestly I still don't want a PS4.  I just want them to port those ones to PC. :)

Those all got high marks from the E3 reviews I mentioned above. I just didn't want to scrape together all the individual titles.

The main problem with Death Stranding is that the trailer is pretty much the same thing we saw last year...and the year before. Which is to say "Cool, great, but what is it?"

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 11:47:01 pm »
I just saw about Death Stranding. It is too early too say anything specific about it but it looks like some kind of stealth game (you can see him trying to sneak past some of the mud monsters), besides that it probably features also survival elements, maybe pen world too.
But since we don't know anything right now except some really, really weird trailers, the game might turn out entirely different than everyone expects.
The concept and design itself looks promising enough to be a movie however, I'm just not sure if I would play a game about this...

My guess would be,it turns out as "Last of Us" mixed with "Twilight Zone".

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42:49 am »
The death mechanics interest me. Looks like you carry a spare baby around with you at all times, and when you die you go into the baby and a giant explosion happens that "craters" that part of the game world. I assume that means making it inaccessible. It seems to be quasi open world, but with a directed narrative running through it. Time seems to be a big feature, and rain might have something to do with that. Timefall, etc. Seems to be stealth instead of combat, and suspense over action.

It gives me Silent Hill 2 vibes mixed with Silent Hills mixed with general Kojima craziness and MGS5, and that's a solid sell for me if that's what it really is.

I felt like this trailer actually gave away a lot more than the ones in past years, which were just "wow look at the goop and strangeness."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk