Author Topic: Steam SHMUP sale... featuring Starward Rogue!  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Steam SHMUP sale... featuring Starward Rogue!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:01 am »
Ah, Downwell is another excellent one!  I should have included that in the list.  Though it's not a "shmup" per say....  but that doesn't make it any less great.  I'll warn you, it's "Spelunky-hard".  That sort of game.  But it's soooooooo good.  I have it on my iPad also.

I might grab Ultratron and Roche Fusion myself.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 11:36:17 am »
I think I will try out Downwell, a friend of me has it and I can get it through Family share.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:12:59 pm »
Nation red is my suggestion. It's a bit of an old game and the enemies is zombies, though it does add bosses and suicide bombers to the mix.  The real fun comes from the perks you get as you level up (which is per a game) there's tons of perks to pick from and they really add some fun to the game. It also allows local and online coop.  Worth checking out for sure. It's also only $1.50 for the sale.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 09:10:06 am »
Nation red is my suggestion. It's a bit of an old game and the enemies is zombies, though it does add bosses and suicide bombers to the mix.  The real fun comes from the perks you get as you level up (which is per a game) there's tons of perks to pick from and they really add some fun to the game. It also allows local and online coop.  Worth checking out for sure. It's also only $1.50 for the sale.

Yeah, used to play a bit of Nation Red on co-op. Good lark that game.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »
Soo... Sora. http://store.steampowered.com/app/390730/

Anyone knows that one? I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow morning, but I would appreciate some input about it (especially the controls).

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 02:04:07 am »
Soo... Sora. http://store.steampowered.com/app/390730/

Anyone knows that one? I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow morning, but I would appreciate some input about it (especially the controls).

Hm, I had a look at that... ehhh.   I personally wouldn't pick it up; it almost looks like something that's trying to do twin-stick gameplay without actually being that type of game.  The targeting system just looks bizarre & awkward (and totally unnecessary), that'd drive me crazy.   That and looking at the videos of it, it looks like one of those games where nobody really put much effort into enemy attack patterns (damn near everything using "random spray" attacks, specifically, the EXACT SAME random spray, not even variations of it). 

Depends on what you want out of a game like this, really.  But it's very far from being a traditional shmup or a bullet-hell. 

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 10:12:32 am »
Depends on what you want out of a game like this, really.  But it's very far from being a traditional shmup or a bullet-hell.
This may sound strange but the main reasons for my interest in this one are unrestricted speed and precise controls (I'm not expecting much pattern-wise). Same reasons I used to play One Finger Death Punch, funnily enough. The game is a bit of an unknown though so I was hesitant to pick it up, but since the price is pretty good I think I'll take a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk