Author Topic: "Something Ate My Alien" Launched!!  (Read 7414 times)

Offline Cath

• Arcen Games Contractor
"Something Ate My Alien" Launched!!
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:46:32 pm »
**LAUNCH UPDATE**

Hey everyone, just a quick update to let you all know that me and my partners game "Something Ate My Alien" is now fully released and available on our Steam store page with a 20% discount! Hope you enjoy!  :D :D :D

Hi everyone! Cath (previous artist contractor for Arcen working on several games such as Bionic Dues, TLF and Starward Rogue to mention a few) posting in here with permission from Chris! I posted about our Alpha testing in here a year ago so some of you might remember this game :) We are very excited to announce that "Something Ate My Alien" is near completion and is lined up to be fully released in June 2020 on various store outlets (Steam, GMG etc).

My partner and I have made a free demo  of our game SAMA that we think would appeal to many of you.

SAMA is a lightly strategic 2D puzzle and dig'em up adventure game where you control Aliens to mine through various planets looking for loot to please the pirate that has hijacked your ship. You have to find and collect lots of resources and be prepared to fight aggressive wildlife, in hazardous environments, with a depleting oxygen supply and solve puzzle rooms to reveal hidden secrets.   

Here is our brand new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2m1_v33Bo

It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux and we do have controller support as well.

Feel free to share the link to our demo to anyone you might think would be interested in this type of game!

Hope you are all safe wherever in the world you are during these crazy times, and thank you for reading this post!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:40:24 pm by Cath »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Free DEMO of "Something Ate My Alien"
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 04:16:20 pm »
That looks so awesome!!  I'm really impressed to see how far it has evolved since the alpha, too.  With controller support being a thing, you should totally port it to consoles.  When I shift to something else after AI War 2 (someday), that's what I hope to do.  But this looks right at home on the PC for now. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 06:46:14 pm »
It looks really cute! Nice work.

Offline Cath

• Arcen Games Contractor
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 04:06:52 am »
That looks so awesome!!  I'm really impressed to see how far it has evolved since the alpha, too.  With controller support being a thing, you should totally port it to consoles.  When I shift to something else after AI War 2 (someday), that's what I hope to do.  But this looks right at home on the PC for now. :)

Thanks so much Chris!  :) And agreed, we have had the console thing in the back of our minds for a while as well, so it's probably something we would look into after the release on PC.

Thank you Badger, glad you like the look of it :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 04:03:21 pm »
Cath, I had a question. I think it's because I have a keyboard and an Xbox controller connected. Is there any way to set the default to keyboard?

Thanks so much Chris!  :) And agreed, we have had the console thing in the back of our minds for a while as well, so it's probably something we would look into after the release on PC.

Thank you Badger, glad you like the look of it :)
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk