Author Topic: Last Days of Old Earth  (Read 4949 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Last Days of Old Earth
« on: December 24, 2016, 05:25:00 pm »
Just wanted to check in here: Last Days of Old Earth. This is in now way a mainstream game, but it reminded me a lot of Armageddon Empires of old. I've always had a soft spot for Cryptic Comet studio, and I'm kind of sad that Vic decided to do something else than video games.

Anyway, from the concept perspective ldooe is not doing a lot of revolutionary tings, but it has modern UI with a familiar game concepts, so if anyone's interested, here you go.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:26:55 pm by zespri »

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Last Days of Old Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »
Oh, hey!  It's not in Early Access anymore.
Have you, or anyone else, actually played the game?  This came across my Steam queue a while back, and I've been somewhat interested in it ever since.  However, I've been burned by a lot of indie strategy games this past year or two (lots of mobile ports, effectively multiplayer-only games, and just bad games), so I've been hesitant to get it.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Last Days of Old Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:25:42 pm »
Oh, hey!  It's not in Early Access anymore.
Have you, or anyone else, actually played the game?  This came across my Steam queue a while back, and I've been somewhat interested in it ever since.  However, I've been burned by a lot of indie strategy games this past year or two (lots of mobile ports, effectively multiplayer-only games, and just bad games), so I've been hesitant to get it.
Someone reported that AI is slow (like 3 minutes between turns) in some situations...
I have not played much of it...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk