Author Topic: SimCity 2013 (or SimCity 5)  (Read 18125 times)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
Re: SimCity 2013 (or SimCity 5)
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2013, 09:44:21 pm »
There is a demo.

It's more like, I don't want to invest a lot of time into and be bored with a game long before it even comes out. How far along is it? It doesn't seem very, and I hate to get all into game that's not even going to be done for another year or two at least.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2013, 11:10:02 pm »
There is a demo.

It's more like, I don't want to invest a lot of time into and be bored with a game long before it even comes out. How far along is it? It doesn't seem very, and I hate to get all into game that's not even going to be done for another year or two at least.
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with getting into a game and enjoying it in an unfinished state? Aside from the fact that it's unfinished, there's no problem. You bought it, you still enjoyed it for a cost-effective amount of time. The only real problem is that it's kind of a shame that you don't see where the game goes if you get sick of it before it's really finished.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2013, 12:06:00 am »
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with getting into a game and enjoying it in an unfinished state? Aside from the fact that it's unfinished, there's no problem. You bought it, you still enjoyed it for a cost-effective amount of time. The only real problem is that it's kind of a shame that you don't see where the game goes if you get sick of it before it's really finished.

Personal preference really. I hate sitting around going "Man, it'll be cool when X happens" and staring at missing features, wishing they were there, and getting bored with the game by the time they are. Not that I don't play any unfinished games, I just don't enjoy playing a lot of half done projects.

EDIT: I did however, just download the demo (Which is fairly limited and an older version anyway) and took great joy in building highly improbable ships and seeing how crazy I could get with the demo parts before they stopped making it successfully into orbit. Believe it or not this one actually worked. Only problem is I ran out of fuel and ended up achieving escape velocity because they were all solid fuel rockets. Had fun, will buy again.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:11:28 am by Echo35 »

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:58 pm »
Ahh, I see.

I'm kind of the opposite then. I mean, I'm just a child on the inside. I look at a game with all sorts of wonderful features and cool things to do and I can't do anything with it and I'm like "I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR THE BETA." And then I wouldn't, because if I gave my life for the beta, then I would not be able to play it.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »
Ahh, I see.

I'm kind of the opposite then. I mean, I'm just a child on the inside. I look at a game with all sorts of wonderful features and cool things to do and I can't do anything with it and I'm like "I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR THE BETA." And then I wouldn't, because if I gave my life for the beta, then I would not be able to play it.

It is definitely on my list of games I will own eventually, but as it stands, I'm not rushing out to buy it. I will happen at some point though. What I really want is a video game adaptation of something like High Frontier.

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2013, 01:08:57 am »
Yeah, I just don't have the same degree of patience.
Mind you I'm not doing this with Kerbal Space Program. Looks great, does not look at all like my cup of tea. It's more like this with Starbound and Terraria 1.2 and stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk