Author Topic: Shadow Era  (Read 34584 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Shadow Era
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:33 pm »
What do you even do with four booster boxes of cards, unless you know a lot of people to play it with? (or you own a store) That part always confused me about the 'kickstarter'.
Epic sorting. But yeah, I have a LOT of "doubles" or...quadras, or whatever. Thinking back on it, I'd personally have changed my entire purchase to the "full collection" instead. 4 of every card ever.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2014, 08:51:38 pm »
Well, that was amusingly ontopic. I went to check how many cards I had in my current, ridiculous deck of silliness (it starts with gravebone and its success depends on luck for the most part since it has 100 cards in it, but it is very amusing when it succeeds, in a 'throw all the cards at them!' sort of way, not the actually sorta sensible strategic way my other deck works), and guess who I got as the free card of the day...

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2014, 11:30:12 pm »
What do you even do with four booster boxes of cards, unless you know a lot of people to play it with? (or you own a store) That part always confused me about the 'kickstarter'.
No, I totally get it. This things are very nice to touch, have, enjoy watching on the shelf when passing by, etc. If you like the company and would like to back them that what I would totally do. I'd enjoy shuffling through the boosters, etc even if I have no one to play with.

Offline Wulven

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2014, 11:59:32 am »
Funny to stumble across this ancient thread now because I just picked up the AI Wars bundle on GOG. :)

The key thing about the physical cards to know is that I was a big collector of MTG. Not much of a player, but a collector. So when I made Shadow Era I wanted to have the best artwork possible, and some really great foils. The physical version of the game is printed by the same company that does MtG but we have an even better card stock using the latest technology, so it's really a premium product. Plus in every booster pack you get a redeemable code to get credit in the online game.

Sorry if that sounds like a sales pitch, but I just wanted to share some background info if anybody is interested :)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »
Well, that was amusingly ontopic. I went to check how many cards I had in my current, ridiculous deck of silliness (it starts with gravebone and its success depends on luck for the most part since it has 100 cards in it, but it is very amusing when it succeeds, in a 'throw all the cards at them!' sort of way, not the actually sorta sensible strategic way my other deck works), and guess who I got as the free card of the day...
HAHAHAHAH! Awesome :D

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2014, 04:05:37 pm »
Funny to stumble across this ancient thread now because I just picked up the AI Wars bundle on GOG. :)

The key thing about the physical cards to know is that I was a big collector of MTG. Not much of a player, but a collector. So when I made Shadow Era I wanted to have the best artwork possible, and some really great foils. The physical version of the game is printed by the same company that does MtG but we have an even better card stock using the latest technology, so it's really a premium product. Plus in every booster pack you get a redeemable code to get credit in the online game.

Sorry if that sounds like a sales pitch, but I just wanted to share some background info if anybody is interested :)
It's ok ;) Welcome here! I still enjoy Shadow Era to this day, so that should be a testament how good it is.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »
Well, at least you are not trying to sell us kittens. Uhm. The word that the forum software now seems to automatically filter out.
Good game you designed. For some people I know, at present, it's the best game and been for a few years. Where MTG is too heavy and many other titles being either too obviously money grabbing or to primitive Shadow Era hits the sweet spot. I was anticipating sol forge to outdo shadow era but that did not happen for the group of friends I'm referring too.
It's a shame that I'm not really into CCG type of game it sounds that this one I could definitely like. (I played a few games of course, but it's hunting for cards and painfully figuring out the best combinations to go in a deck that I do not like, but I know that this is the main attraction to many many people)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:18:11 pm by zespri »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2014, 10:03:25 pm »
Welcome to the game and to the forums :)  Several players here speak very highly of Shadow Era.  Apparently it helps balance the diet after being sufficiently exterminated by the AI ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »
Apparently it helps balance the diet after being sufficiently exterminated by the AI ;)
That tends to happen a LOT with AI War...I haven't won a game in ages.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk