Author Topic: Sang-Froid  (Read 12297 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Sang-Froid
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:07:43 am »
I rarely impressed by a game graphics. However this one looks very appealing. The concept is cool, I like tower-defence-like games but I do know that what's good in the ad can be a total flop in reality. And still it's such and eye candy for me that I'm almost tempted to buy and find out.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
Re: Sang-Froid
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:56:20 am »
After getting burned twice by Greenlight games...I'm being a lot more cautious with this one. Demo or reviews is the only way I'm touching it. That said, I'm intrigued by the concept, but the game has some warning bells going off in my head.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:16:36 pm by KingIsaacLinksr »
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:30:05 am »
I've been playing this over the weekend, and it's actually quite good.  There are a lot of creative game mechanics that are really fun.  Also, the soundtrack is terrific. 

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 12:17:44 am »
I actually budged and bought it. I didn't have time to play it a lot I just played like a half and hour. So far so good. The only two complaints is that it's not possible to change resolution and that the game acts crazy if you alt-tab out of it.

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:44:16 am »
I think they were working to add more resolutions and fix the alt-tab weirdness before the game officially launches.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
I use inverted Y-axis controls, so the game is nearly unplayable for me because the rifle aiming doesn't respect the inverse option (though the camera control outside aiming does).

Fortunately, it sounds like they plan to fix this soon.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »
Currently I'm stuck on the level where firefly appears. They are not susceptible to traps and it takes to darn long and lot of health to kill them off especially when they appear in pairs. One of my gripes, is that if you unwisely spent all the money on first levels the subsequent ones become too difficult. It's not like you can grid for money or something. If you spend them they are gone. And you are left without good equipment. I'm guessing you can always load a previous day and try do better money-wise. I think that standard system when you have so much money to do a particular level works better as it does not depend on your history.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 04:34:04 am »
This game is now free on steam. If you like Tower Defense games, like games with a rich theme and like hard games, you might want to give it a try.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227220/SangFroid__Tales_of_Werewolves/

GOG

https://www.gog.com/game/sangfroid_tales_of_werewolves
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:44:51 am by zespri »

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:50:51 am »
Free is free, ill look into it, thanks!
Life is short. Have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk